New version of a "Full Reid"

Old June 25th, 2010, 12:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default New version of a "Full Reid"

No, I did not fall down. No, I didn't use power tools.
Okay, new can of spray sealing foam. Install top, press lever, top
blows off and the contents of the can sprays all over me and the
attic. And continues to spray as I try to get it into a bucket. Face,
hair, shirt, shorts, arms, hands, and legs.
Just wash up. Nuh uh. Mineral sprits. Well, mineral spirits don't
clean this stuff off. My fingers are glued together in a permanent
vulcan salute.
Scrape the stuff off the can and read the "clean up" label. Let dry
and remove "mechanically." Well, that'll hurt. Can use acetone.
Hmm, bride and daughter, do you have any nail polish remover? No, we
only use acetone-free remover. Arrrgh!
Just call me dolphin boy. Fingers are stuck in a permanent Vulcan
salute.
Finally, ask the cleaning professionals (the women) what to do.
Oatmeal soap and Comet gets it off the hands. My need to go get a
haircut. Don't let this stuff get in the hair on your arms and legs.
Think I'm gonna loose my right eyebrow.
Frank Reid
Old June 25th, 2010, 02:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Jun 24, 6:52*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
[...]

Whilst cleaning up the can to find out what else will clean it, I
found out that the nozzle shattered and a piece slid down and jammed
the valve open.
Frank Reid
(definately gonna need a haircut)
Old June 26th, 2010, 01:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Stephen Welsh

On Jun 25, 11:06*am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
[...]

Is there such a thing as a full half mono-brow?

;-)

Steve

Old June 26th, 2010, 01:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Jun 25, 7:01*pm, Stephen Welsh wrote:
[...]

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Got half a right eyebrow.
Frank Reid
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Bowen[_2_]

On Jun 24, 7:52*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
[...]

Funny that you should mention this subject. Many years ago, before the
spray cans you had to mix ingredients from two separate cans. Well a
friend of mine was gettin married and we decided on a nice ball and
chain assembly at his bach. party. I requisitioned a 2" electrical
conduit stand-off straps, a length of chain, and talked a lady at the
bowling alley into giving me a 16 lb. ball for the ocassion. I lag
bolted the chain to the ball and needed some way to seal off the three
finger holes--to make the ball look somewhat real. Well I had no
experience with this expanding form stuff before but figured that it
couldn't be but so complicated. Unfortunately, I decided to mix the
contents of the two cans while riding down the highway in the
passengers side of a company service truck. If you have never seen
this stuff mixed, I can tell ya that it expands at an incredibly fast
rate--and it gets ****in' hot in the process! Long story short, the
**** was expanding faster than I could rid myself of it and it covered
my lap, legs, the dash, the seat, the floorboard, and the length of
the passengers side of the truck--once I threw it out the window!

Frank, I know your pain. Expect to be pullin' that stuff off of and
out of your hair for weeks or month to come. I had no hair on my legs
for quite some time--I was wearing cut-off jeans at the time of the
expansion. I was lucky my employer had a since of humor, they laughed
rather than getting too excited about their newly foamed vehicle.

Best of luck to ya!

Op
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Jun 26, 7:58*pm, Mark Bowen wrote:
[...]

Well, didn't have to get the haircut. Just brushed it every time I
went into the bathroom. My arms, legs and and right eyebrow are a
different story.
By the way, your story is MUCH better than mine. I can imagine the
drivers face as you mixed this stuff and it started expanding and
filling the car.
Frank Reid