Wayno-20 year old's -music-and spring-sardines {fish]

Old May 12th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Joe McIntosh

Default Wayno-20 year old's -music-and spring-sardines {fish]

2 manhattens & now Merlo {c ontrary to movie}
that twenty year old with the young wife and money remindes me of that gal
i met in vfw one friday night in rowan county --married three times and
still living in single wide- she drove forklift at gp plan and was hoping
to get promoted to vice president of a multinational company any time
soon---glad to report she was good at something

tried Lucinda Williams again late late last night [essence] and still find
her a monotone with a small vocabuly---if you want to hear the best
instradentialist living seak into a Yanni concert ( sort of like a AARP
group] and watch Carron Rice attack the violn---loveit when she takes a
pause -looks at her instrument like where did that come from???

sorry to read in the Sunday times that there is only one sardene packing
plant left in US--[use to be 67] but with more old folks and the health
service now saying that we should eat sardines rather than brocoli and
caudeflower [too much frolic acid] this will aid the internationaql trade
agreement as the best sardines are hand packed sskinless ones from
portigal--wonder how that biothecnical woman would like to spend her days
skinning sardines and changing the twins diappers herself?

Reading new collection of fishing stories{gone fishing] by William
Tapply--really enjoyed one where he finds guy in C@R stream breaking necks
of fish and slipping them into his vest--he concludes --when he got back to
hid truck ,he found all four tires flat.

better end as pbs has three hour show this evening on history of the
appalachians----sure they will have more noise about the country folks who
lost their land and homes as dams were built to provide electricity than
story of how thee creek indians lost their land to the gold seeking white
men!!!
IJ

Old May 12th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Wayne Harrison

"Kevin Vang" wrote

Kevin
who bets that nobody believed I could connect flyfishing,
drinking, and Yanni in the same post.

or, far more importantly, the connection of linda evans with any ****ing
thing on the planet.

yfitons
wayno (if there is a heaven, i will be with her for eternity.)

Old May 12th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Stan Gula

"Kevin Vang" wrote

Preferably *my* ****ing thing, not that *that* would ever happen.
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

Old May 12th, 2005, 05:25 AM
BJ Conner

Joe McIntosh wrote:
[...]

King Oscar is catching those really small sardines again. There
starting to show up in Safeway. Cross packed sardinge have been hard to
find. Trader Joes has a particulally good buy on them. TJs has good
deals on wine and cheese as well. It's picnic time here.

Old May 12th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Kevin Vang

In article cOAge.1566$ix3.1409@trndny07, lid
says...

http://www.moondragon.org/moondragon/humor/signs2.jpg

--
reply to:
kevin dot vang at minotstateu dot edu
Old May 12th, 2005, 06:09 AM
rw

BJ Conner wrote:

King Oscar is catching those really small sardines again. There
starting to show up in Safeway. Cross packed sardinge have been hard to
find. Trader Joes has a particulally good buy on them. TJs has good
deals on wine and cheese as well. It's picnic time here.

Sardines make excellent bait:

http://www.ruralnetwork.net/~troutbum/web/slaughter.JPG

We must have gone through a hundred sardines, bottom fishing at about
100'. (The live well for the bait is the black thing on the left.) A
shark (or sharks) was taking nearly half the catch, biting off the whole
rig, weight and all. The trick was to haul the fish to the surface as
fast as possible. Because of the pressure change their air bladders
expanded, making their stomachs stick out of their mouths. It was slaughter.

The smaller fish are yellowtail snapper and the larger ones are mutton
snapper. The mutton snapper were the target fish -- delicious, producing
big, meaty fillets. Yellowtail are good eating, too. There's a jack all
the way at the top, near Sam's foot.

Old May 12th, 2005, 01:51 PM
asadi

"Joe McIntosh" wrote in message
[...]

Far to often, the 'leader' of a group does not allow his members the
opportunity to express themselves (theirselves?)

didn't have that problem with Yanni....that girl sure can play the fiddle.

When she plays, I get the same feeling that I had for Etta James. "Honey,
I'll do anything you want as long as you sing and play while I'm, doing it."

john

Old May 12th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Joe McIntosh

"BJ Conner" wrote in message
King Oscar is catching those really small sardines again. There
starting to show up in Safeway. Cross packed sardine have been hard to
find. Trader Joes has a particularly good buy on them. TJs has good
deals on wine and cheese as well. It's picnic time here.

IJ responds--yes a good year for small fish, but a $2.29 per can the King
Oscar can never compare to the Super G--a skinless and boneless
Portuguese sardine packed in olive oil for only 99cents per can if you buy
them wholesale by the full case lots. I have a friend who imports containers
of marble and his supplier slips in some wine and a few fish occasionally.

I tried to share some with Jeff Miller while staying at Sliders Inn during
last year"s western clave but when I opened the can Jeff

Old May 12th, 2005, 05:19 PM
BJ Conner

Joe McIntosh wrote:
"BJ Conner" wrote in message
[...]

They are catching big ones here on the left coast. Must be more than
they can sell as bait as they are showing up in fish markets. I have
never had them fresh. IF I get back to town in time I will go when
MacCormmick and Schmidt has them on the menue. I have had fresh
anchovies but they were cooked in olive oil, with tomatos, garlic etc.
a carp would have tasted the same. In your worldly travesl have you had
them fresh?