Next Year's Plans

Old December 14th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Willi

Default Next Year's Plans

Settling into work and a Winter mode after returning from the San Juan.
Now's the time of year for me to daydream about next year's trips. Over
the past year or so, I've been aware of more friends and acquaintances
dying or become sidelined by illness or injury and unfortunately,this is
a trend that accelerates as we get older. This has brought to my mind
the fragility and shortness of life, health and strength. It's also
motivated me to try and put aside the "I can'ts" and make the efforts
needed to do more of the things I want to do before I'm no longer able.

So I've daydreamed up a BUNCH of trips, hopefully most will come to be.
The one's that are floating around for me a

Belize in Jan. with Susan - get in a bit of fishing.

Jan./Feb. a trip to the Bighorn with Snoop during a warm spell.

Feb. to May good local fishing with BWO hatches with fishing improving
until runoff starts

May trip to Belize with RW and Bruiser or Penns (someone COMPETENT needs
to take charge of the weather)

June? Western Clave with a side trip to fish the lakes on the Blackfoot
Reservation

Rest of Summer local fishing with some searching out of some new
Greenback waters

September Bighorn for the black caddis hatch

Rest of the Fall locally some of the best fishing of the year

October? Steelhead in Washington

December The Juan

The others that are still "can'ts" because of the time needed: a canoe
trip to Northern Canada and a Summer exploring BC and Alberta. Then
there's a Winter trip to New Zealand when I can get Sue to fly that far
(after not flying for 25 years, hopefully she won't freak out TOO much
on the flights to Belize this Winter and will be more amenable to
flying) Maybe 2005.

Care to share your daydreams?

Willi

Old December 14th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Dave LaCourse

Willi writes:

Care to share your daydreams?

Feb/Mar trip via the land barge to San Diego to visit some old Navy friends.
May drop in on that guy.....Dan'l.... if he's still there.

Early May: Steelheading with Peter Charles on the Saugeen in Ontario. May
take the camper and stay for awhile.

Late May: The Rapid River for three/four weeks.

July: Labrador - the northern coast for Atlantic Salmon and searun trout.

August: A week on the Rapid.

September: Ditto

October: Every weekend camping at the East Outlet of Moosehead Lake for
landlocks and nice brookies.

November: get my flu shot very, very early, avoid eating out and crowds.

....God willing.....

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old December 14th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
Willi writes:

Care to share your daydreams?

pie-rate: i'd like to share one of those rapid trips for a few days.
when would the best time, weather wise?

yfitons
wayno

Old December 14th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Tim J.

.com...

Willi writes:

Care to share your daydreams?

pie-rate: i'd like to share one of those rapid trips for a few days.
when would the best time, weather wise?

I'd like to meet up with both of you for a few days. If I can talk the wonderful
Robyn to accompany me, I'll do that, too, based on a signed hands-off bond from
wayno.
--
TL,
Tim

Old December 14th, 2003, 09:05 PM
Dave LaCourse

wayno writes:

pie-rate: i'd like to share one of those rapid trips for a few days.
when would the best time, weather wise?

Well, it's usually cold in May, nice in June, hot in July-August, and cool in
September. There's another roffian that will be there from Memorial day until
the Saturday after. Good time. Early hatches. Hungry fish. Bring a woman to
keep you warm at night. d;o)

Old December 14th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Danl

Willi writes:

Care to share your daydreams?

Feb/Mar trip via the land barge to San Diego to visit some old Navy

friends.
May drop in on that guy.....Dan'l.... if he's still there.

Dave

You're always welcome here, Dave. I'm looking forward to seeing you. I hope
you're feeling better. Just be prepared for the worst weather of the year in
Feb/Mar. Let me know when your plans congeal.

Danl

Old December 14th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Dave LaCourse

Tim J. writes:

I'd like to meet up with both of you for a few days. If I can talk the
wonderful
Robyn to accompany me, I'll do that, too, based on a signed hands-off bond
from
wayno.

He's all bark. Not to worry. Besides, he had better show up with his SO.
First two weeks in June are always good. Call now, however.

Old December 14th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Danl

"Willi" wrote in message

Settling into work and a Winter mode after returning from the San Juan.
Now's the time of year for me to daydream about next year's trips. Over
the past year or so, I've been aware of more friends and acquaintances
dying or become sidelined by illness or injury and unfortunately,this is
a trend that accelerates as we get older. This has brought to my mind
the fragility and shortness of life, health and strength. It's also
motivated me to try and put aside the "I can'ts" and make the efforts
needed to do more of the things I want to do before I'm no longer able.

(snip a bunch of good plans)

Care to share your daydreams?

Willi

I tried to put aside the "I can't" syndrome starting last January. I
resolved to take a multi-day fishing trip in each month of the year as a
minimum. I did pretty well on keeping my resolution and had a blast. I
haven't made plans for the whole year yet, but my wish list includes....

A few trips to the Owens/Kern through April (only open waters nearby)

A trip in May to the Smokies (Watch out, Hillbillies!)

June ????

The western clave in July

August in the Sierras or the Olympic peninsula

September and October in the Sierras

The San Juan in December.

Danl

Old December 14th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Tim J.

"Dave LaCourse" wrote...
Tim J. writes:

I'd like to meet up with both of you for a few days. If I can talk the
wonderful
Robyn to accompany me, I'll do that, too, based on a signed hands-off bond
from
wayno.

He's all bark. Not to worry.

I was just funnin'. Besides, Rob can take care of herself. She's got a mean left
hook.

Besides, he had better show up with his SO.
First two weeks in June are always good. Call now, however.

And therein lies the rub. My schedule for the coming year is more murky than
last, so I can't solidify anything at this point, but I can hope to see both of
you on a river at some point.
--
TL,
Tim