Boom Lake Is BACK!!

Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Boom Lake Is BACK!!

Liver worked - Steve took me to a nearby lake and we caught at least
200 fish - probably 75 rock bass, the rest a mixture of smallmouth and
largemouth. Most were small - less than 12 inches, but lots of fun on
light tackle. We did have several in the two pound range and Steve
lost a good one near the boat.

Steve started wearing me out - had me about 20 to 2 until I finally
broke down and started throwing a whacky rigged Senko. I figure he
had me about 70 - 30 before I started hoding my own.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

"Ronnie" wrote in message

I started holding my own.

You weren't doing that in public were you?

Old September 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..

"Ronnie" wrote in message

I started holding my own.

You weren't doing that in public were you?

Charles, to be honest, I really didn't notice what he was holding! All I
know is that it felt pretty darned good to be ahead of Ronnie in the fish
boated department, especially doing it from the back of the boat!

Ronnie was the first to arrive, followed closely by Moe. Jerry is here now
and Heavy showed up before noon. I'm expecting to see Robbis Storm either
today or early tomorrow and I've heard that Shane (part-time
OutdoorFrontiersTV cameraman) is going to be fishing the tournament as a
non-boater, Jason (another part-time OF staffer) and a friend are coming as
well. I'll be talking with Randy later today and I've got to do some
running around to pick up some last minute door prizes.

While attendance numbers are down somewhat from previous years, it's still
shaping up to be a great tournament.

The pre-tournament meeting is going to be held Wednesday evening at 7:00 at
the Rhinelander Cafe & Pub, so it's still not too late to come up and fish!
We've been doing this since 2001 and it's a great time.

Oh yeah, Jerry picked up his rental boat and asked about the cost for
replacement props.......
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

I hope everyone has a great time... which I'm sure they will!

Hope your fish are big and your tales bigger! I'm still hoping Jerry cleans
house this year!

Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I always turn my back when holding in public!

Moe and I fished Boom today - two or three short bass but no keepers
again. Maybe I should head back to GA!

Boom lived up to its name today - a thunderstorm ran us off the lake
- sure was glad a bar was close by and we sat it out.

Ronnie
fishing.about.com
http://fishing.about.com

Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Doc

On Sep 2, 10:29*pm, Ronnie wrote:
I always turn my back when holding in public!

Moe and I fished Boom today - two or three short bass but no keepers
again. *Maybe I should head back to GA!

Boom lived up to its name today - a thunderstorm ran *us off the lake
- sure was glad a bar was close by and we sat it out.

Ronnie
fishing.about.comhttp://fishing.about.com

Hi to all from Jamestown, NY
Sorry I couldn't make it this year but a family emergency came up at
the last minute. I am glad Moe made it. I was worried because the
plan was for him to ride with me in the motorhome. See y'all next
year. Doc
Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
gwilber

Don't catch all the bass on Boom before I get up there. I will be
leaving after work today and should hit Rhinelander around 7:00 or
shortly after. Look forward to seeing everyone at the Rhinelander Pub
tonight.

Gary
Old September 3rd, 2008, 04:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

"Ronnie" wrote in message
I always turn my back when holding in public!

** Good for you Ronnie. Best of luck to everyone! Really wished that I could
be there but remember to take LOTS of pictures.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Better day on Boom - and the weather is more like I expected - down in
the 50s last night after thunderstorms and high under 70 today.
Another windy day.

Got out late and on the lake at about 10 - tried some deep water -
Boom has some rocky bars and points that look like they should hold
smallmouth but got only one small one. Went shallow at about 11:30
and picked up three nice largemouth by 2 PM - one right at 3 pounds,
another just under 3 and one at 2. Would love ot have them tomorrow.

Hope this means the largemouth are getting active with the cooler
weather.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Very disappointing tournament for me. I fished by my self on Thursday
- Steve suggest Jason fish with me since he was complaining about the
boat he borrowed and i told him I would be willing to go anywhere he
wanted, but he turned me down.

I wore out the wood cover and got one keeper. Late in the day I tried
a grassline and got a keeper. Two fish the first day.

On Friday Jerry fished with me and we started on grasslines. I
managed to get three keeper largemouth and one keeper smallmouth and
Jerry got two keeper.

Congrats to Gil.

I had a great time - really enjoyed fishing with Moe, Steve and
Jerry. Great trip - can't wait to do it again. If there is no NWC
next year Linda and I are going up for a couple of weeks anyway!

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com