Second and Final day of Georgia Bass Chapter Federation Nation TopSix

Old February 13th, 2008, 11:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Second and Final day of Georgia Bass Chapter Federation Nation TopSix

Sunday - 2/9/08 - Day 41

Second and Final day of Georgia Bass Chapter Federation Nation Top Six
Lake Seminole

We took off at about 7:15 AM and I went straight to the ditch, idling
about 200 yards from the boat lane through the stump fields rather
than fishing across it like yesterday. Only hit two stumps. Tried
the stumps and the middle of the ditch. Caught a short bass after
about 30 minutes but that was only bite. Told partner they hit
yesterday for about 30 minutes from little before 9 to a little after.
It was 9 now and seemed to be nothing.

Partner said something about leaving but I told him I wanted to stay.
Kept working up and down channel. Partner asked about the dip and dye
I was using - JJ's Magic. I gave him the bottle and he dipped his
worm. At about 9:45 my partner set the hook and landed a keeper. A
few casts later I got a tap and set the hook on a solid 3.5 pound
fish. Then he got another keeper and I did too. Both were just 13
inch fish. Then I got a third one. It was about 10:15. Partner said
he was sold on JJs Magic!

Between then and 12 noon I got one throwback. At about 11 partner
suggested leaving again but I pointed out we had caught five keepers
there today, me and partner yesterday got five and I had caught only
one other keeper all week. He had done the same and we decided to
stay.

Around 12:30 I noticed the current had picked up. There was an
outside line on the timber where the water got about six feet deep and
I had seen another boat catch a bass off the line yesterday. We worked
out to the edge. I was throwing the Strike King Series 5 crank bait.
Cleared the timber and started working the outside edge. Almost
immediately a fish slammed the crank bait and went around a stump. It
scrubbed some then came loose - could see it was a good fish. Got it
to the boat and partner netted a 4.5 pounder.

About 10 minutes later a bass hit right at the boat and I lifted it
over the side. It fell off the hook into the bottom of the boat - 13
inch keeper! Had my limit with an hour to go.

Gave my partner the rod with the crank bait on it - I had another one
but was not sure where it was. I picked up a Paca Craw Texas rigged
and started dropping it by stumps. We fished until 25 minutes to
weigh in and I said I did not want to chance being late and he agreed.
Worked out of the stumps and ran the channels back to Wingates. We
idled up to the check in dock with about six minutes to spare.

My five weighed 11.95, giving me 16.55 for the two days. I was
shocked when they called my name for sixth place. Made the state team
as a boater. Going somewhere in South Carolina the first week in April
for the Southern Regional, the fourth one I have made but I have been
trying 31 times. Was scheduled for Santee but it is too low.

Guy in the club came in less than .15 pounds behind me for seventh. He
was catching bedding fish - he is a good bed fisherman. I think the
fish I was catching were post spawn - the four pounders and the three
were skinny and I had seen some old beds in the pocket at the head of
the creek. Water had been in low sixties in the shallows.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old February 14th, 2008, 12:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:04:23 -0800 (PST), Ronnie
wrote:

Sunday - 2/9/08 - Day 41

[...]

WAY TO GO RONNIE!!!

Good deal...Now win that one!

Dan

-

Remove the X for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old February 14th, 2008, 02:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BassMr

Way to go Ronnie !
Good Luck in S.C. too !
Sunday - 2/9/08 - Day 41

Old February 14th, 2008, 05:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

Default Second and Final day of Georgia Bass Chapter Federation Nation...

My five weighed 11.95, giving me 16.55 for the two days. I was shocked
when they called my name for sixth place. Made the state team as a
boater. Going somewhere in South Carolina the first week in April for
the Southern Regional, the fourth one I have made but I have been trying
31 times. Was scheduled for Santee but it is too low.

Ronnie

======

Way to go Ronnie! Good luck in the state team thing!!!

Enjoyed the read!

John B

Old February 14th, 2008, 12:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
gwilber

Congratulations and good luck with the up coming tournament.

Gary