For ~^beancounter~^

Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default For ~^beancounter~^

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:44:02 -0800 (PST), riverman
wrote:

On Jan 23, 11:15*pm, "~^ beancounter ~^"
wrote:
is this the "change" the hussein obamma coolaide drinkers were
votong for?

--------snip----------------------

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) - Missiles fired from a suspected U.S.
spy plane killed seven people Friday on the Pakistan side of the
Afghan
border, a lawless region where al-Qaida militants are known to hide
out,
officials said.

The strike was the first on Pakistani territory since the inauguration
of
President Barrack Obama.

Pakistani leaders had expressed hope Obama would halt the attacks,
more than 30 of which have been launched since the middle of last
year,
reportedly killing several senior militants.

The pro-U.S. government routinely protests them as a violation of the
country's sovereignty, but most observers speculate it has an
unwritten
agreement allowing them to take place.

One drone fired three missiles into the village of Zharki in North
Waziristan, hitting two buildings, the intelligence officials said on
condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to
the media.

At least seven people were killed, but there identities were not
immediately known.

No, Bonehead. That's specifically the type of policy that Bush invoked
that Obama will assess and discontinue, if its appropriate.

The man has been president for less than 48 hours.

Um, he has had time to reverse Bush's restrictions on funding abortions
in other countries...

HTH,
....hey, perhaps funding offshore abortions is more important than
stopping violating another country's sovereignty and all...well, that,
and finding out if Lindsay and Sam are still a couple...

--riverman

Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message

"JT" wrote in message
I understand your thoughts on closing Guantanamo, however I'm curious
what you suggest we do with the detainees?

Thanks,
JT

fair enough question. Let's give it a try, and both go into the process
knowing that neither of us has any say in what will actually happeng:
1. First, you have to breakdown the detainees into a few basic catagories.
I come up with three: 1) folks clearly detained for no good reason. Many
of these were victims of bounty hunters and the like, and have no ties to
terrorism whatsover. The government acknowledges that this group makes up
roughly 1/3 of the 240 or so currently in Gitmo. 2) Folks with no real
evidence against them, but still of a suspicious nature. Once again, using
our government's information, this makes up another 1/3.
3) There are around 80 folks with clear ties to terrorist networks, with
ample evidence against them.
2. The first group should be released. But to where? In many cases, they
cannot go home(many from China for example were victims of ethnic
persecution). In a new age of International cooperation, I think we will
find nations willing to take them in. Hell, they could come here, but may
not have any desire for any further contact with the US.
3. The second group should be evaluated for trial, whether by court
martial laws or criminal law. At this late date, there may not be evidence
to convict, so perhaps they, too, have to be released. It's the price we
pay for prior ****ups by our leaders. Some of them will be tried and
convicted.
4. The last group should be tried under our system of laws. If convicted,
they can and should be incarcerated in this country. We took them, we keep
them. None of this NIMBY crap from some Senator. Any maximum security
Federal Facility will work. If we can hang onto Crips, Mafiosos and the
like, we should be able to safely keep these losers from the public view.
No executions, let them rot in jail and avoid martyrdom.

That is my no doubt flawed thinking on the matter. Perfect? Hardly, but it
does re-establish our nation as one of laws and due process. Which, in the
long run contributes to our overall standing in the world, leading to
better cooperation in the ongoing process of rooting out terrorists
worldwide.
Tom

I appreciate the response and agree. I just hope it's handled in a manner
(laws and due process [as you mentioned] are followed) that those who should
continue to be detained are detained. I'm certain the 1/3, 2/3 or more would
gut you, me and our families and find great pride in doing so.

Thanks,
JT

Old January 23rd, 2009, 06:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Jan 22, 7:26*pm, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:
Thain must be a dem....

Report Says Thain Spent Over $1 Million To Redecorate Office
To make matters worse, Thain is now facing more criticism for
reportedly spending $1.2 million to lavishly decorate his Merrill
Lynch office early last year while the firm was fighting to survive.

Thain splurged on interior designs from the Obama's chosen White
House decorator Michael Smith ($800,000), two area rugs ($131,000),
two guest chairs ($87,000), a 19th Century credenza ($68,000), four
pairs of curtains ($28,000), and a mahogany pedestal table ($25,000),
according to Charlie Gasparino, the CNBC contributor and Daily
*Beast columnist who broke the story.

Other items mentioned: six dining room chairs ($37,000), a George
IV Desk ($18,000), a custom coffee table ($16,000), a sofa ($15,000),
a chandelier ($13,000), a mirror ($5,000), six wall sconces ($2,700).

Also reported to be on the list was a trash can for $1,400

Thain is a prominent Republican:

http://www.nndb.com/people/438/000162949/

Some of the committees he's served on:

Americans for a Republican Majority
Bush-Cheney '04
John McCain 2008
McCain 2000
McCain for Senate '98
National Republican Congressional Committee
National Republican Senatorial Committee

You know, it's not too hard to check the facts before you post
something this stupid. It makes anything else that yu post be, at the
very least, highly suspect.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 06:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

he dosen't act it.....

" Thain is a prominent Republican "
Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Jan 23, 11:36*am, "~^ beancounter ~^"
wrote:
he dosen't act it.....

" Thain is a prominent Republican "

Maybe his role on the John McCain 2008 committee was picking out Sarah
Palin's wardrobe.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:36:28 -0800 (PST), "~^ beancounter ~^"
wrote:

he dosen't act it.....

Try and imagine him in some Simms G22 waders...

HTH,
....batteries not included...

" Thain is a prominent Republican "

Old January 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

that helps a bit... ‹(•¿•)›

Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"JT" wrote in message
I'm certain the 1/3, 2/3 or more would gut you, me and our families and
find great pride in doing so.

JT, the world is chock full of folks that would gut you, me, et al. Some of
them are Islamic Terrorists, but far from all.
These are people we have in custody, and there, they should stay, if at all
possible. Still, making a mockery of our system of justice, and national
morality does nothing but make for more folks willing to hate Americans
worldwide, serving as a great recruitment tool for a host of extreme types.
Tom

Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

wrote in message
You know, it's not too hard to check the facts before you post
something this stupid. It makes anything else that yu post be, at the
very least, highly suspect.

Oh, come on!! His complete lack of clues when he posts is what makes Rich
such prime entertainment. Seriously, would anyone reading here go to this
assclown for their accounting needs?
Tom
Tom

Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Tom Littleton wrote:
"JT" wrote in message
I'm certain the 1/3, 2/3 or more would gut you, me and our families and
find great pride in doing so.

JT, the world is chock full of folks that would gut you, me, et al. Some of
them are Islamic Terrorists, but far from all.
These are people we have in custody, and there, they should stay, if at all
possible. Still, making a mockery of our system of justice, and national
morality does nothing but make for more folks willing to hate Americans
worldwide, serving as a great recruitment tool for a host of extreme types.
Tom

Indeed, your behaviour on here has not endeared you to many either.

Gut you? No, hold you in custody and throw away the key because you are
a badass, perhaps.

You and others here have actually done more to engender hate than many
of those in your illegal custody.

One of your least endearing traits is your overweening conviction that
you are always right, and thus justified in using any means at your
disposal to assert your views. Including imprisoning and torturing
innocent people without due process.

Assholes like Dean actively use this group for hatemongering. You of
course also lie about others occasionally, merely in order to defame and
discredit.

Taken all in all, you are a pretty slimy bunch, and best avoided by
decent people.

MC