Fishing in the Edmonton area. Does it exist?

Old April 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM posted to can.rec.fishing
Dan in Alberta

Default Fishing in the Edmonton area. Does it exist?

Greetings.
I'm a transplant from North Ontario and looking to get out and dip a line as
soon as my project car is completed.
Problem is, coming from where I was back east, I was spoiled. There doesn't
seem to be much in the way of anything in this general area. Am I just not
catching or do I have to leave the area or what? Any advice (besides
quit'cher whining!) would be appreciated.

Dan formerly in the bush...

Old April 15th, 2007, 09:52 AM posted to can.rec.fishing
Dan in Alberta

North Ontario community of Kapuskasing. There was a character named Lothar
of the Hill People on here a few years back that had come up to see the
place after I recommended one of the local area lodges. He and his group
were stunned. In a good way.

I've lived in Kapuskasing for the first half of my life mixed in with mainly
North Bay and the Muskoka's and could find good fishing no matter where in
Ontario I was.

You from out east as well?

Dan

oups.com...

Old June 28th, 2007, 10:46 PM posted to can.rec.fishing
Crash

Dan, I too am a transplant here (edmonton). From northern BC
I fish frequently and do well most of the time.
email me at chriswetmoreatshawdotca
mabe we can go out to a local lake as a small group.
My Boy fishes with me as well.

"Dan in Alberta" wrote in message
North Ontario community of Kapuskasing. There was a character named
Lothar of the Hill People on here a few years back that had come up to see
the place after I recommended one of the local area lodges. He and his
group were stunned. In a good way.

I've lived in Kapuskasing for the first half of my life mixed in with
mainly North Bay and the Muskoka's and could find good fishing no matter
where in Ontario I was.

You from out east as well?

Dan

oups.com...