It's quiet......too quiet.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Default It's quiet......too quiet.

Well, what the hell, it's too cold to fish......and nobody wants to
talk about the best knots for connecting line to leader, so......

Becky ran out of gas about half an hour ago. After riding to the
rescue I was listening to NPR's "All Things Considered". They did a
segment about the two ****wits who planted suspicious looking gizmos
all over Boston and created a major ruckus. They played exerpts from
attempts to interview these morons as they left court after being
arraigned. All they wanted to talk about was hair and the 70s. On
the one hand, it was pretty amusing to listen to them jackin' up the
idiot news nitwits. On the other hand, these assholes scared a lot of
people needlessly and don't seem to care a bit about that. On the
other other hand, they COULD have planted bombs and all sorts of other
nasty **** and there ain't a goddamned thing the pez-head authorities
could have done about it.

Sort of an object lesson.....or something.....I guess.

Wolfgang
oh, and tell the kennies i says howdy.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Wolfgang typed:
[...]

I'm sure their lawyer said not to discuss the case, but those clowns
were downright smug about the whole ordeal. They did have nice hair
though. ;-)

Sort of an object lesson.....or something.....I guess.

Yes. The terrorists won yesterday.

oh, and tell the kennies i says howdy.

Tell them yourse. . . uh, never mind.
--
TL,
Tim

Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Tim J." wrote in message
. ..

Wolfgang typed:
[...]

;-)

Sort of an object lesson.....or something.....I guess.

Yes. The terrorists won yesterday.

Terrorists can't lose.....by definition.

oh, and tell the kennies i says howdy.

Tell them yourse. . . uh, never mind.

I would tell them myself, but they run away when they see me. Terrorists
can't lose.

Wolfgang

Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
ups.com...

Becky ran out of gas about half an hour ago. After riding to the
rescue...
Wolfgang

It makes me wonder how anyone could run out of gas.
fwiw,
-tom

Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

On Feb 2, 10:35 am, "Tom Nakashima" wrote:
It makes me wonder how anyone could run out of gas.

I'll offer a paraphrase of an observation of one of my favorite comics
that many women are apparently unaware that it is legal for females to
purchase gasoline. Here's a frequent conversation at my house:

SWMBO: "Would you go to the store and get a few things?"

Me: "Yeah, sure."

SWMBO: "Thanks. Take my car & put some gas in it, it was on fumes
when I got home."

Joe F.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
ups.com...

Becky ran out of gas about half an hour ago. After riding to the
rescue...
Wolfgang

It makes me wonder how anyone could run out of gas.

Most automobiles are powered by internal combustion engines. These engines
typically burn various concoctions of petroleum based liquids which are
stored in an onboard tank. Run them long enough without adding fuel and the
supply runs out.

fwiw,

Not much.

Wolfgang

Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
ups.com...

Becky ran out of gas about half an hour ago. After riding to the
rescue...
Wolfgang

It makes me wonder how anyone could run out of gas.

Most automobiles are powered by internal combustion engines. These
engines typically burn various concoctions of petroleum based liquids
which are stored in an onboard tank. Run them long enough without adding
fuel and the supply runs out.

fwiw,

Not much.

Wolfgang

Yes, I know how a combustion engine works, and there is also an instruments
called a gas gauge
that most automobiles have today which indicates when you're low on fuel. I
figure with all the
reading you both do, it might be easy enough to read the gauge...it's not
like it's in braille.
fwiw,
-tom

Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
ups.com...

Becky ran out of gas about half an hour ago. After riding to the
rescue...
Wolfgang

It makes me wonder how anyone could run out of gas.

Most automobiles are powered by internal combustion engines. These
engines typically burn various concoctions of petroleum based liquids
which are stored in an onboard tank. Run them long enough without adding
fuel and the supply runs out.

fwiw,

Not much.

Wolfgang

Yes, I know how a combustion engine works, and there is also an
instruments called a gas gauge
that most automobiles have today which indicates when you're low on fuel.
I figure with all the
reading you both do, it might be easy enough to read the gauge...it's not
like it's in braille.

I see. So, what you're saying is that you really didn't wonder how anyone
could run out of gas at all. In fact, what you were doing was simply
stating, in a sly fashion that no one could possibly see through, that Becky
must be stupid. I'll be sure to pass that along.

fwiw,

How much do you think it's worth?

Wolfgang

Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Sorry Wolf, just going off...venting on a Friday.
fwiw,
-tom

Old February 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
egroups.com...

[...]

I see you are still ****ing on each other with undiminished fervour.
Nice to know that some things never change. ( Or maybe not?)

Have a nice weekend!

TL
MC