spinning reel

Old October 31st, 2003, 01:23 PM
Gone Angling

Default spinning reel

Can anyone recommend a good spinning reel. I want to try something other than a
shimano. Is there a generic brand that is a knock off of a quality reel. I'm
doing my research now. I have quite a list for the upcoming spring fishing
shows.

Old October 31st, 2003, 06:47 PM
Josh

I am not a big fan of Diawa, but some time ago someone in the group
recommended the Diawa Capricorn spinning reel. I bought one and used it. It
was a real change for me because I was used to the Shimmano's with the
triggers. But after a half an hour I was pretty comfortable with it. Now I
have converted to all Capricorns. They're great reels, easy to use, cast
well and a nice smooth retrieve. The drag systems works very well also.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old October 31st, 2003, 07:38 PM
Charles B. Summers

I'll second that!

"Rich Conley" wrote in message
.. .
look at okuma..good quality cheap reels.

Old November 1st, 2003, 12:47 PM
Gone Angling

I'm looking for something better than the spirex but still has a trigger
release.

Old November 1st, 2003, 07:53 PM
Josh

GA,
Trust me. I've fished triggers . . . well since they started makin em I
suppose and never ever thought I'd get used to or prefer the triggerless
models out there, but I swear I'm as comfortable now without them as I was
with. The thing is that you have so many more model and quality choices open
to you if you remove that qualification. I understand the ease with them,
but I wish I'd switched years ago.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old November 2nd, 2003, 01:15 AM
Gone Angling

I like the trigger because i believe the casts are longer. There is less drag
off the finger. Also you can wear gloves when fishing. I fish at temperatures
of 0 C to 5 C with added wind chill.

Old November 4th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Bob La Londe

"Gone Angling" wrote in message
I like the trigger because i believe the casts are longer. There is less

drag
off the finger. Also you can wear gloves when fishing. I fish at

temperatures
of 0 C to 5 C with added wind chill.

Why couldn't you fish with gloves with out a trigger? You would just need a
glove with a smooth surface so the line wouldn't hang up.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Old November 4th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Gone Angling

Why couldn't you fish with gloves with out a trigger? You would just need a
glove with a smooth surface so the line wouldn't hang up.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az
http://www.YumaBassMan.com
Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
Simply add it to our index page.
No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

You are right but it would have to be a leather glove with no seam on the
finger. A seam would hang up the line. That type of glove would be a quality
glove for fly fisherman. I use a trigger finger spinning reel and cheapie 99
cent stretch acrylic gloves. The gloves are a throw away item if the need
arises. Other lads are fishing with cold hands.