Upper Creek Cont...

Old April 7th, 2010, 03:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Mark Bowen

Default Upper Creek Cont...

Old April 7th, 2010, 03:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jloomis

Wow. Very similiar Canyon Structure to a river area in Twaine Harte Calif.
Looks like fun fishing.
Nice water condition.
Slightly green.....nice
john

Old April 8th, 2010, 10:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
JT

"Mark Bowen" wrote in message

Nice pics Op,

Appreciate you sharing,
JT

Old April 11th, 2010, 12:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Mark Bowen

"jloomis" wrote in message
Wow. Very similiar Canyon Structure to a river area in Twaine Harte
Calif.
Looks like fun fishing.
Nice water condition.
Slightly green.....nice
john

The stream is Upper Creek in Burke County, NC--a quick look at Google Earth
will give you some idea of the gradient. This stream drops rather steeply
from top to bottom of the mountain. Of course, our mountains are
considerably smaller than the ones y'all have out West.

The water conditions were high and fast--dangerous climbing up the 5 tier
waterfalls!--as we have had an inordinate amount of snow this year, which
has replenished the water table in Catawba water basin. Upper Creek is fed
mostly by water seeping from the water table, as the stream has cut its way
to bedrock.

Fishing was mediocre at best, but I believe it was mainly due to the level
and current flow. Once we got to the top of the falls, where the stream
flattens out for a ways, before climbing upward again, we had some good dry
fly action.

I finish my MPA degree in May and plan on fishing agreat deal more this year
than last--this means more pics of our wonderful NC streams!

Take care!

Op --the brown in the attachment is from Upper Creek above where we fished
the other week--

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0710.JPG
Views:	745
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	790
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Mark Bowen

"JT" wrote in message

"Mark Bowen" wrote in message

Nice pics Op,

Appreciate you sharing,
JT

Thanks JT, I hope to post many more by the end of the year!

Op

Old April 11th, 2010, 04:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Mememe

"Mark Bowen" wrote in
:

"jloomis" wrote in message
[...]

Hey Mark,

What is the minimum size Trout you can keep? This guy looks a little on
the small size (betya he is VERY tasty though), but I am use to fishing
and catching, on a regular basis, large fish in the Gulf of Mexico.

Old April 12th, 2010, 05:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Wayne Harrison

"Mark Bowen" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
[...]

pretty fish, mark. i sure would like to come up this early summer for
some easy, old man, streamside casting to dumbass fish.

yfitp
wayno

Old April 12th, 2010, 10:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Mark Bowen

Well ya can't ask for any better than the delayed harvest section of Wilson
Creek! Not sure when it reverts back to catch and take though? Of course a
long stretch will be full of dumbassed trout then too.

Give me a holler anytime after May 8th. I will be working around mother's
house--she wants tomatoes and green beans this year, if I can get the tiller
running that is? However, lacking homework to do each evening should free me
up quite a bit.

Op

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
cations...