Death of a 1993 Yamaha Pro-V 150

Old October 5th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Chris Rennert

Default Death of a 1993 Yamaha Pro-V 150

Well all, I am out of commission for a while. Talking with the Marina I am
looking at about $6k in repairs or $8700 for a Brand new 2004. So I know i
don't have enough money for either, but I will probably be financing the
2004 motor. It is really unfortunate things have turned out the way they
have. Having so many dreams just completely crushed. I had the boat in the
marina to be fixed for fuel problems 5 different times, and the preliminary
diagnosis for the motor was that it was running "LEAN" after just coming out
of the shop a "WEEK" before.
So the marina I took it to was not thorough at all, but how can you hold
them accountable.
Again I have to live and learn, I keep hearing welcome to being a boat
owner, but I have a hard time believing all of you guys have had as many
problems as I have had.

Oh well, hopefully next year will be better.

Chris

Old October 5th, 2004, 06:41 PM
ROBMURR

I had the boat in the marina to be fixed for fuel problems 5 different times,
and the preliminary diagnosis for the motor was that it was running "LEAN"
after just coming out of the shop a "WEEK" before.
So the marina I took it to was not thorough at all, but how can you hold
them accountable. Again.

I don't know all your details but if you took it in 5 times for fuel problems
and they claimed it was fixed each time and you used it, then on tear
down they claim it was running lean, its the mechanics fault.
Get a second opinion, then a lawyer, then a 4 stroke.
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Illinois Fisherman

Pass it by an attorney and see what he says - take all your repair bills
with you.

Find a better mechanic. Ask other boaters in your area they should know.

. ..

Old October 5th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Chris Rennert

I have done everything but the attorney, it is at a different marina than
the one that did the repairs the 5 times. I am not going to be the modern
sue happy cliché. Bottom line it was my fault I didn't look the motor over
before I bought it , and this is what happened. I don't blame anyone but
myself, it sucks, but I will live and learn.
With that said, do I think it is total bull**** that the fuel problems may
have caused this? You bet I do, but do I have a leg to stand on? I guess
that is where the attorney comes in and I am not sure I want to go that
route. I talked with friends, and they all recommended where I took my boat
for repairs, and these guys called me right away when they found what the
problems were, and it would run great for a week or so and then crap would
start going wrong again and I would take it in, and it would be a different
problem. So who knows besides the marina and their mechanics.
I posted it here to show I learned another lesson in the world of boating
and fishing and hopefully a lesson I don't need to learn again.

Chris

Old October 5th, 2004, 08:09 PM
go-bassn

Sorry this happened to you Chris - remember my lecture on insurance policies
& warranties.

As long as it's fixed for TN...

Warren

Old October 5th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Chris Rennert

Warren,

I am going to put an almost identical policy as the one you sent me on this
one as soon as I get the new motor on. It should be ready to go even before
the winter, so I better be ready for April. I am going to grab a part time
job besides this job I have now as IT manager and try to get enough money to
put the accessories we discussed on my boat. So I should still be ready for
next year either way.

Take care man,

Chris

Old October 5th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

I am very sorry to hear that Chris. I wish there was something I
could help you with.

What exactly happened and what was the reason they gave?

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:00:51 -0500, "Chris Rennert"
sent into the ether:

[...]

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Old October 5th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Chris Rennert

Dan,

Thank you very much. As far as what exactly happened, he cannot say for
sure, but he feels that is was running lean, so not enough fuel, therefore
oil was not getting into the motor. It made no sound to indicate that there
was a problem, no alarm, not loss of RPM's no nothing. So I asked what I
could do to prevent it and he said nothing really. He said my oil
reservoirs were full, so I am not sure what exactly happened :-(

Chris
news

Old October 5th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:56:37 -0500, "Chris Rennert"
sent into the ether:

Dan,

Thank you very much. As far as what exactly happened, he cannot say for
sure, but he feels that is was running lean, so not enough fuel, therefore
oil was not getting into the motor. It made no sound to indicate that there
was a problem, no alarm, not loss of RPM's no nothing. So I asked what I
could do to prevent it and he said nothing really. He said my oil
reservoirs were full, so I am not sure what exactly happened :-(

Chris

Man that does suck!

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
news

Old October 6th, 2004, 01:14 AM
William Barger

Default Death of a 1993 Yamaha Pro-V 150 ~Chris

Hard pill to swallow. Sorry for your misfortune Chris. I bought a 1994
Ranger Commanche back in 2002. A mechanic at the Chevrolet dealer where
I purchased my truck had it for sale. I bought it thinking everything
was alright. I took it to the shop to have a friend go over it. The
engine was blown and it cost $3,200. to repair. I am still sick over it.
Like you said live and learn, but thats easier said than done. Don't
look at it as if your dreams have been crushed.They have just been
temporarily delayed. Before you know it you will be back out there
slayin' them.
Bill