Nothing stings like a hook in the hand.

Old June 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default Nothing stings like a hook in the hand.

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:48:11, "Tony"
wrote:

I wonder how many of you guys carry band aids when you go casual fishing?

Well, when I go "casual fishing" I only carry a bandaid. However,
when I go "formal", I carry a compression bandage, blood pressure
monitor, splints, scalpel, surgical thread and needle, adhesive tape
and bandages, Tylenol, Tylenol Cold, Tums, stool softener, Imodium,
several antiseptic towelettes, *triple* antibiotic ointment, sting
relief pads, scissors, hydrocortisone cream, curad flexible knuckle
bandages, condoms (you can never tell.....), and a little medicinal
single malt in a small flask which I am constantly refilling.

You should see my vest!

As a matter of fact, I am fishing right now in Maine. Yeah, I carry a
computer too.

d%)

Old June 15th, 2007, 12:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

I wonder how many of you guys carry band aids when you go casual fishing?

Well, when I go "casual fishing" I only carry a bandaid. However,
when I go "formal", I carry a compression bandage, blood pressure
monitor, splints, scalpel, surgical thread and needle, adhesive tape
and bandages, Tylenol, Tylenol Cold, Tums, stool softener, Imodium,
several antiseptic towelettes, *triple* antibiotic ointment, sting
relief pads, scissors, hydrocortisone cream, curad flexible knuckle
bandages, condoms (you can never tell.....), and a little medicinal
single malt in a small flask which I am constantly refilling.

You should see my vest!

Aw, hell, you oughta leave all that at home and just carry an enema -
that way, when you fall off of your tricycle, you can use that and then
your guide can easily carry you back to the Orvis-approved lodge in the
pocket of his Simms waders...and I'm sure any Orvis-approved lodge worth
its approval would have a fully-equipped "Old Clumsy**** Sport"
sickbay...

As a matter of fact, I am fishing right now in Maine. Yeah, I carry a
computer too.

Well, sure...wireless astream is among the things required for Orvis
approval...that, and SYTs in cocktail Cushmans...I mean, you've got yer
all rustic, rugged, and as close to near-natural-like as they can make
it, and then, well, you've got yer downright uncivilised...

HTH,
Dr. Dickie
Old June 15th, 2007, 03:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

wrote:

I wonder how many of you guys carry band aids when you go casual fishing?

Well, when I go "casual fishing" I only carry a bandaid. However,
when I go "formal", I carry a compression bandage, blood pressure
monitor, splints, scalpel, surgical thread and needle, adhesive tape
and bandages, Tylenol, Tylenol Cold, Tums, stool softener, Imodium,
several antiseptic towelettes, *triple* antibiotic ointment, sting
relief pads, scissors, hydrocortisone cream, curad flexible knuckle
bandages, condoms (you can never tell.....), and a little medicinal
single malt in a small flask which I am constantly refilling.

You should see my vest!

As a matter of fact, I am fishing right now in Maine. Yeah, I carry a
computer too.

d%)

I would add to that some surgical adhesive like Skinstich, some
hemostats, some 4 tailed bandages, morphine serretes, a quart of
dextran and a battery opperated defibulator. In case all that
doesn't work I would have a chainsaw as well. You may need to clear
some trees to get the dust-off in. You do have a radio of course.
Of course if your like your hero Cheny you have a doctor 20 paces
behind at all times.

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tony[_3_]

I think we have all had that experience, and salt water or (fresh) dosent make it any better.

The scary thing is it's always with rusted hooks...lol

I wonder how many of you guys carry band aids when you go casual fishing?

www.myblog.com

---
MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2

Old June 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

behind at all times.- Hide quoted text -

Most people just fish with me. I suck up bad karma just by walking in
the vicinity of moving water. Fish with me, and all your injury
worries go away.
Frank Reid

Old June 16th, 2007, 11:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Horse **** snipped

Yeah, but see, Dickie, I'm actually fishing -in cold water - for trout
and salmon. When's the last time you did that?

And you were right. There is a hole in my G3s. A big hole. How the
hell else would I get my fat ass in them, eh? d;o)

Four hundred and forty, Richard. And counting. No leaks yet.

Fishing is great. Water flow is 1300 cfs, a bit high but still
fishable. Lots of big salmon and brookies being caught by me and
others in camp.. One fall of my trike. Not a bad one but the one I
took hopping rocks put an abrasion on my knee and a big black and blue
mark. But, still no leaks.

Four hundred and forty, Richard. At a buck a day they are now paying
ME. Not really, of course, but now they are paid off. Imagine, free
waders that are four years old and still working like the day I first
put 'em on. Amazin', I tell ya, amazin'.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot. This ain't an Orvis lodge, I don't need
guides and if you can make it up, I'd be happy to show you the river.
I'll be here until the end of next week. Bring a 5 and 6 weight, and
a woman or a dog - it gets very cold at night.

Ta ta, Richard.

Orvis Boy

PS: Tell Blow Job to get off the sauce.

Old June 17th, 2007, 09:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Dave LaCourse
writes
wrote:

I wonder how many of you guys carry band aids when you go casual fishing?

Well, when I go "casual fishing" I only carry a bandaid. However,
when I go "formal", I carry a compression bandage, blood pressure
monitor, splints, scalpel, surgical thread and needle, adhesive tape
and bandages, Tylenol, Tylenol Cold, Tums, stool softener, Imodium,
several antiseptic towelettes, *triple* antibiotic ointment, sting
relief pads, scissors, hydrocortisone cream, curad flexible knuckle
bandages, condoms (you can never tell.....), and a little medicinal
single malt in a small flask which I am constantly refilling.

You should see my vest!

As a matter of fact, I am fishing right now in Maine. Yeah, I carry a
computer too.

d%)

.......up to " flexible knuckle bandages" you sounded quite pessimistic
after that ...........

Optimism is the name of the game :-)
--
Bill Grey

Old June 18th, 2007, 03:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
vincent norris

I carry .... Tylenol, and a little medicinal single malt...

Dave, as you no doubt know, Tylenol is just high-priced acetaminophen.

Mixing alcohol and acetaminophen is a bad idea. It can cause serous
liver damage.

My recommendation: Lose the acetaminophen; carry a larger supply of
single malt.

vince