ESPN, Basscenter, Peta & the Federation

Old December 10th, 2005, 03:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default ESPN, Basscenter, Peta & the Federation

It's no secret that the top story in bass fishing is the problems between
BASS & the Federation, and now FLW is reaching out offering to pump millions
of dollars in to the Federation. From where I sit the possibility of a
crossover is quite realistic. This morning I watched Basscenter & was
stunned to see a story about PETA instead of even a mention of the
Federation issues. I equate this to Sportcenter not reporting on the Super
Bowl because thier team didn't win. If you're gonna report the news, report
all the news.

Warren
--
BASS Life Member For 25 Years
Proud Federation Member

Old December 10th, 2005, 05:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"go-bassn" wrote in message
It's no secret that the top story in bass fishing is the problems between
BASS & the Federation, and now FLW is reaching out offering to pump

millions
of dollars in to the Federation. From where I sit the possibility of a
crossover is quite realistic. This morning I watched Basscenter & was
stunned to see a story about PETA instead of even a mention of the
Federation issues. I equate this to Sportcenter not reporting on the

Super
Bowl because thier team didn't win. If you're gonna report the news,

report
all the news.

Warren
--
BASS Life Member For 25 Years
Proud Federation Member

You are somehow surprised?

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old December 10th, 2005, 07:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Not really, I just gotta get it through my skull that it's not the same
organization that I grew up living & loving.

It stinks if you ask me.

If FLW takes posession of the Federation I predict eventual doom for BASS.

I hope to see the ship right itself, it's been a huge part of this angler's
life.

Warren

Old December 11th, 2005, 09:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Not really, I just gotta get it through my skull that it's not the same
organization that I grew up living & loving.

It stinks if you ask me.

If FLW takes posession of the Federation I predict eventual doom for BASS.

I hope to see the ship right itself, it's been a huge part of this
angler's
life.

Warren

Seems to me that with every pastime or lifestyle there is always some kind
of crisis to be dealt with. After a while you just get tired of it. Tell
your local club's representative to the state federation how you feel and
move on unless you are willing to get more directly involved. The problem
with the later of course is. "how?"

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old December 11th, 2005, 05:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Since I don't fish tourneys; only have a BASS membership to get the
magazine; and don't belong to a local organization,...I guess I can be
objective. It sounds like, from my reading, that lots of folks are unhappy
with the ESPN/Bassmaster approach. The one thing that is incumbent on each
and every one ...is to be CERTAIN that your local federation officers, know,
in writing, of your feelings. They are going to have to make some decisions
soon, and some clear feedback from you NOW...would no doubt help them. RG

--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

Old December 11th, 2005, 05:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"RichG" wrote in message
. com...
Since I don't fish tourneys; only have a BASS membership to get the
magazine; and don't belong to a local organization,...I guess I can be
objective. It sounds like, from my reading, that lots of folks are
unhappy
with the ESPN/Bassmaster approach. The one thing that is incumbent on each
and every one ...is to be CERTAIN that your local federation officers,
know,
in writing, of your feelings. They are going to have to make some
decisions
soon, and some clear feedback from you NOW...would no doubt help them. RG

Rich, I beleive we see exactly eye to eye on that portion of this. Write
and talk to your Federation representative. Also, think things through.
One psoter here has expressed that they would like to see BASS and TBF get
things straightened out and work together again, mostly out of nostalgia.
If you tell your fed rep that they will work towards keeping TBF and BASS
together. They may not necessarily recreate what you want from that
relationship. Instead I think you should be more specific about what end
results you want. This gives them the freedom to choose between different
options that will give that net result.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com