Overton Co. For Supplies ?

Old August 11th, 2012, 11:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob[_4_]

Default Overton Co. For Supplies ?

Hi,

Came across the Overton Co. site for fishing items.

Prices appear normal, but there is apparently free shipping, which is nice.

Anyone buy from them ?
Reputable ?

Opinions ?

Thanks,
Bob
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty[_2_]

For what it's worth, Overton is owned by Gander Mountain, which acquired it
in 2007. I'd trust them based on that.

Old August 13th, 2012, 05:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_6_]

"Bob" wrote in message
Hi,

Came across the Overton Co. site for fishing items.

Prices appear normal, but there is apparently free shipping, which is
nice.

Anyone buy from them ?
Reputable ?

Opinions ?

Thanks,
Bob

They have been around a while. I have never dealt with them, but somehow I
got on their mailing list. At one time I got the impression they were
affiliated with Bass Pro Shops, but not so sure of that now.

For most stuff I buy from Tackle Warehouse. Usually good pricing except on
price fixed stuff like Shimano, and they are free shipping on ANY order over
$50 including rods and trolling motors.

Old August 13th, 2012, 07:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_6_]

"Marty" wrote in message
For what it's worth, Overton is owned by Gander Mountain, which acquired
it in 2007. I'd trust them based on that.

Aaah! That's how I got on their mailing list. I used to get catalogs from
Gander Mountain. I bet they are sure wishing they hadn't sold their mail
order division to Bass Pro Shops all those years ago. LOL.