r.o.f.f.

Old September 7th, 2011, 01:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default r.o.f.f.

On Sep 6, 8:05*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Tom Littleton wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
roff isn't really dead, it just smells like it. ;-)

well, NOW it does......g

Harrumph, HOW uncivilized ! This kind of incivility would
never be acceptable in a prim and proper social network.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Tom's a bait flinger, Tom's a bait flinger!
There, I said it.
Frank Reid
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Tom Littleton wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
roff isn't really dead, it just smells like it. ;-)

well, NOW it does......g

Harrumph, HOW uncivilized ! This kind of incivility would
never be acceptable in a prim and proper social network.

Tom's a bait flinger, Tom's a bait flinger!
There, I said it.

I'm horrified, that's exactly the sort of uncivil insult
which sends sensitive souls to Facebook.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Sep 7, 1:48*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Tom Littleton wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
roff isn't really dead, it just smells like it. ;-)

well, NOW it does......g

Harrumph, HOW uncivilized ! This kind of incivility would
never be acceptable in a prim and proper social network.

Tom's a bait flinger, Tom's a bait flinger!
There, I said it.

I'm horrified, that's exactly the sort of uncivil insult
which sends sensitive souls to Facebook.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Well, it had to be said. Its rather clensing, though I still feel
dirty. He forced me into participating in this evil endevour. I
think I need more therapy. Missouri River sloughs next weekend and
then the White in October.
Frank Reid
Old September 8th, 2011, 06:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey[_2_]

"rw56" wrote in message
On Aug 31, 3:14 pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Russell D. wrote:
R.I.P.

Usenet has been critically ill for quite awhile now. We should
regard its passing as a blessing and remember it fondly.

There's a roff on Facebook and if Google+ ever reaches critical
mass there will be a roff there as well.

roff is dead, long live roff.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Poor Wolfgang. He'll have to find somewhere else to be an asshat.

Come back T-bone :-)

Bill

Old September 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey[_2_]

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
ations...

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote

(snip)

turns out i was wrong about r.o.f.f--it was not darwinian. it changed,
and as a result thereof, died.

but, hell, thanks for the memories.

your friend in the old north state
wayno

Well we are all getting older dammit !

Bill

Old September 9th, 2011, 12:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On 2011-09-05 18:44:18 -0400, personaobscura
said:

On 2011-09-03 09:47:17 -0400, Tom Littleton said:

On 8/31/2011 6:18 PM, Ken Fortenberry wrote:
rw56 wrote:

One of the reasons I don't bemoan the demise of Usenet is because
Usenet was accepting of anonymity. Social networks will work much
better and will be more enjoyable for most folks when anonymity is
not allowed.

so trading off sorting through anonymity in exchange for loss of
personal privacy is a good thing, you reckon? I differ, and have never
had any problem sorting through the spammers and sock puppets on Usenet
by myself.
Tom

Actually I love sock puppets, especially Personaobscura and Mikey's
various socks.

Dave

Have no idea who "Mikey" is, but thanks, I guess. As for "socks", you don't
have Clue One. But that's what makes you so much fun to play with.

Don't ever change.

Ah huh...... sure..... *If you don't know Mikey you shouldn't be here. *
*Really!

And, for everyone else: *See, ROFF is alive and well, suffering through
the Fortenberrys and the Wolfgangs........and all the unecessary
socks..... * d;o)

moron.

g.
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 6, 7:51*am, Frank Church wrote:

On 2011-09-04 16:49:07 -0400, Frank Church
said:

D. LaCourse wrote in news:2011090416280643658-
Coming from someone who never served their country **in any
manner**. If there ever was a **** stain on roff, Fortenberry, it is
you.

Dave

Now that's more like it, Facebook could never replace my dear old
loveable roff. I've missed it so. /s/

Frank Sr.
who would never wear **** stained shorts, adult diapers on the other
hand...

smile *Remember the three rules of being an old codger, Frank:

1. *Never give up the opportunity to take a ****.

2. *Never waste an erection, even if you're alone.

3. *Never, ever, trust a fart.

Dave

Apropos of #3, I recently endured 11, yes 11, days of diarrhea, the first
week of it I didn't dare get more than 50' from the bathroom so was
trapped at home unable to get to my doctor or a drugstore for Immodium or
Lomotil. The method of getting to the bathroom when an attack occured was
what us old farmers used to call "doing the green apple quickstep".
After the first week I was able to make a real quick trip to town to get
the necessary stuff to slow things down. (which, btw, didn't work) Found
out later through my massage lady that some sort of virus was going
around and I wasn't alone in doing this dance of doo doo. How nice,
misery loves company!

Massage?

Ahem.....

Should'a maybe wrapped that rascal.

Frank Sr.
...does anyone else have a cat that must accompany one to the toilet and
watch?

Ah.....well.....there's a simple, cheap, and eternally effective cure
for that.

giles
no animals were harmed (or in any other way discommoded) in the
production of this message.
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 8, 12:27*pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:

Come back T-bone :-)

Bill

Oooh! Now THAT would be fun!

giles

Old September 9th, 2011, 12:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 6, 2:21*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Russell D. wrote:
Russell D. wrote:
R.I.P.

Uh, never mind.

:-)

roff isn't really dead, it just smells like it. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Actually, that's your upper lip.

BOO!

g.
hee, hee, hee.
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_9_]

On Sep 1, 9:01*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Wayne Harrison wrote:
turns out i was wrong about r.o.f.f--it was not darwinian. *it changed, and
as a result thereof, died.

but, hell, thanks for the memories.

your friend in the old north state
wayno

Perhaps in its afterlife Usenet roff could serve as Mike Connor's
guide to North American fly fishing written by a guy who has never
fly fished in North America. LOL !!

--
Ken Fortenberry

The main reason for the demise of this group is you, and others like
you, you poisonous *******.

You wont last five minutes on any social media as soon as you get up
to your nasty tricks.