I hate the Patriots

Old February 2nd, 2004, 05:07 AM
-- Rob

Default I hate the Patriots

And please think about 1918 for the next 8
months and after October when the Red Sox win the world series

*when* ??? *when*????

you think that I should be thinking *when*???

nay, the Red Sox "fans" will be asking
themselves *when*, *when*, *when* will
their beloved Red Stockings actually *win* the world series again?

-- Rob (oh, by the way, I'll only be able to admit myself to the nuthouse after
the Red Sox win their 26th World Series)
-- so much fishing, so little time --
--please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--
Old February 2nd, 2004, 05:25 AM
daytripper

On 2004-02-01 20:40:17 -0700, daytripper said:

I voted for Deion Branch for MVP, but they gave it to Brady.
I can live with that.

I vote for John Kasay, Carolina place kicker, as MVP (for the Patriots).

I dunno - does a badly placed kickoff at a crucial point in the game outweigh
two missed chip shots that kept it close to begin with? That's a toss-up at
best.

Forget Vinatieri's chokes, if the Pats hadn't lost both safeties and a corner
to injury/fatigue by the fourth quarter, this game would have been over with
ten minutes left to play.

But that's all history now.

As for the futu here's some really scary news for the rest of the NFL:
the Pats have 6 of the first 16 draft choices this year...

/daytripper (The rich get richer! :-)
Old February 2nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
vincent p. norris

MVP?

Budweiser commercials.

When you enjoy those comercials, Dave, keep in mind their purpose is
to drive smaller brweries, that make better beer, into bankruptcy.

(And over the years, they have been quite successful at it.)

vince
Old February 2nd, 2004, 04:42 PM
Ernie

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:04:14 GMT, "Stan Gula"
wrote:

I liked the one with the guy driving his Corvette to beat his

girlfriend's
plane to give her the lipstick. Turned out to be a Bud

commercial.

That was my favorite too, tho I tuned out at least
half of them.

I thought most of them were mediocre, the Bud commercial where
the horse farted made me laugh. Do the people who write
commercials really have so little imagination? Not very eye
catching for something that cost 1.5 mil.
Ernie

Old February 2nd, 2004, 04:52 PM
Dave LaCourse

Ernie writes:

I thought most of them were mediocre, the Bud commercial where
the horse farted made me laugh. Do the people who write
commercials really have so little imagination? Not very eye
catching for something that cost 1.5 mil.

The fact that you can remember that it was a Bud commercial means it's done its
job.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:02 PM
Ernie

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
Ernie writes:

I thought most of them were mediocre, the Bud commercial where
the horse farted made me laugh. Do the people who write
commercials really have so little imagination? Not very eye
catching for something that cost 1.5 mil.

The fact that you can remember that it was a Bud commercial

means it's done its
job.
Dave

Yes Dave, Budwiser is the only advertiser I remember, but they
should save their money to make a better product. A more
realistic commercial would be a Clydesdale ****ing in a Bud
bottle at the botteling plant.
Ernie
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:12 PM
Ernie

Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:13 PM

As for the futu here's some really scary news for the rest of the NFL:
the Pats have 6 of the first 16 draft choices this year...

Hi. It looks to me like they have 0 of the first 20 draft choices this year
.. . . They have the 21st pick (from Baltimore) and the 32nd pick. Where
did you get that "6 of the first 16" info?

Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:19 PM
Dave LaCourse

Ernie writes:

A more
realistic commercial would be a Clydesdale ****ing in a Bud
bottle at the botteling plant.

SPLORK

We'll have to ask old Fortenberry about that. However, he doesn't smell of
**** when I've fished with him. d;o)

Old February 2nd, 2004, 09:13 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Ernie wrote:

Well Farty if you call ignoring them "pushing my buttons" I guess
you were
right. ...

Laughing at the commercial and remembering what it was for is
what I call successfully "pushing your buttons".

--
Ken Fortenberry