OT It could be, it might be, it is !!!

Old April 19th, 2009, 07:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default OT It could be, it might be, it is !!!

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:38:39 -0700 (PDT), DaveS wrote:

On Apr 19, 11:18*am, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:59:12 -0700 (PDT), DaveS wrote:
On Apr 19, 8:34*am, wrote:
Snippy snip snip

Let's see; where to start. . .

1. At one time or another you've argued against . . .

No, I haven't.

SNIP

No, I haven't.

SNIP.

No, I haven't.

SNIP

Some of them, yes.

SNIP

No, I haven't.

SNIP

Not exactly, no.

SNIP

No, I haven't.

Oh you most surely have. Maybe in your mind some of that verbal
mincing gives you the deniability of a mediocre prep school debater,
but in plain speaking terms you have argued each and every item I
listed and a whole lot more cocktail Fascist claptrap. Own it. It's
yours.

Sure, Daffy, whatever you say....
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Apr 19, 11:42*am, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:20:24 -0700 (PDT), DaveS wrote:
On Apr 19, 11:01*am, wrote:

You know, I have sometimes wondered why a food service worker would
spit in a particular patron's food. Now I think I am understanding it
a little better.

Well, that's nice...Ken's burger-flipping brain surgeon has another "patient"...

H o p e *t h i s *h e l p s (...I typed that slow for you...),

"Phlegm?"
"No Sir, thats just a little Okra in there."
" Chef Billy Bob thought you like Okra Mr. Dean."
"He's real sorry bout that misunderstanding last week."
"He says you going to really like this here dick puddin."

Old April 19th, 2009, 11:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
The American worker churned out more tanks,
jeeps, airplanes, battleships and aircraft carriers than any
other country on earth during WWII.

that was two generations ago, and last I checked, our supply of tanks, jeeps
and aircraft carriers is pretty good.
Airplanes, we still make, but I think battleships are in less demand. Still,
with the proper national emphasis on education, we might get back to a
competetive position.
Tom

Old April 19th, 2009, 11:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Well, I'd point out that what you and many wealthy folks want today
is simply ridiculous by historical standards, even recent history,
and that recent history in the US shows that people can live perfectly
decent, happy lives on much less than that to which you and modern
plutocrats feel they are automatically entitled.

he did, Ken, state that the limitation on personal lifestyles might be
helpful at ALL ends of the scale. That said, this whole thing is veering off
into 'oughta be' and 'should've been' type stuff. Both of you make valid
points: Rick about the current status quo, and you regarding the potential.
I don't see much in the was of suggestion how we get from one to the other.
Tom

Old April 19th, 2009, 11:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2009-04-19, Tom Littleton wrote:

Airplanes, we still make, but I think battleships are in less demand.

Cuz they're useless!

Still,
with the proper national emphasis on education, we might get back to a
competetive position.

With "proper national emphasis on education", we may not be saddled with
morons like you!

nb
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Tom Littleton wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
Well, I'd point out that what you and many wealthy folks want today
is simply ridiculous by historical standards, even recent history,
and that recent history in the US shows that people can live perfectly
decent, happy lives on much less than that to which you and modern
plutocrats feel they are automatically entitled.

he did, Ken, state that the limitation on personal lifestyles might be
helpful at ALL ends of the scale. That said, this whole thing is veering off
into 'oughta be' and 'should've been' type stuff. Both of you make valid
points: Rick about the current status quo, and you regarding the potential.
I don't see much in the was of suggestion how we get from one to the other.

Well, one of us advocates the "innovate and educate" approach while
the other appears to be suggesting that the American working class
ought to get used to living happily flipping burgers for $20K a year.

If Rick is going to advocate wholesale downsizing in the US standard
of living my response is "you first".

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"notbob" wrote in message
With "proper national emphasis on education", we may not be saddled with
morons like you!

nb

this from an adult that uses the word 'cuz'?? Nice touch.
Please, feel free to come out from your anonymous cover, grow a pair, and
debate the matter with me. Idiot.
Tom

Old April 20th, 2009, 12:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2009-04-19, Tom Littleton wrote:

Please, feel free to come out from your anonymous cover.......

Is that the universal retort from this group? The best you can muster? OK.
My name is John Smith. Dolts!

nb
Old April 20th, 2009, 01:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
From: notbob
Subject: OT It could be, it might be, it is !!!