A great notion

Old April 17th, 2009, 06:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Default A great notion

I love baseball
A game played on green grass w finesse
Its fun
I pitch - I still do
against a few friends aound
I even love to watch baseball
Its outside a lot of green around

I love fishing
Its outside- a lot of green around
Fly fishing is finesse
Sometimes a few good friends around

I can't watch baseball anymnore
as my fav team - the Mets - really suck
I guess this means I will have to fish , play bb ,play music more and spend
more time w my family
Is this good? I do not know - probably.

It beats thinking about the state of our country and the economy
It beats thinking about politics
It beats working

"Sometimes I live in the city
Siometimes I lives in a town
and sometimes I get a great notion
To jump in the river and drown"

Your good friend
Huddie
Old April 17th, 2009, 01:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Fred wrote:
[...]

"somtimes a great notion", ken kesey. you're either on the bus or
you're off the bus merry pranksters - electric kool-aid acid test.

dogwoods and azaleas blooming here...best i've seen in years. the
fishing season is here...so far, i've been skunked on every trip... it's
been great!!

jeff (giving flowering things and optimism a try for a
while...pranksters notwithstanding)
Old April 20th, 2009, 03:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR[_2_]

jeff wrote:
"somtimes a great notion", ken kesey. you're either on the bus or
you're off the bus merry pranksters - electric kool-aid acid test.

dogwoods and azaleas blooming here...best i've seen in years. the
fishing season is here...so far, i've been skunked on every trip... it's
been great!!

jeff (giving flowering things and optimism a try for a
while...pranksters notwithstanding)

Fine movie, too, one of Newman's best -- though the studio renamed it
something stupid and it's hard to find (not on netflix for example.....)

- JR
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 20-Apr-2009, JR wrote:

eff wrote:
"somtimes a great notion", ken kesey. you're either on the bus or
you're off the bus merry pranksters - electric kool-aid acid test.

dogwoods and azaleas blooming here...best i've seen in years. the
fishing season is here...so far, i've been skunked on every trip... it's

been great!!

jeff (giving flowering things and optimism a try for a
while...pranksters notwithstanding)

Fine movie, too, one of Newman's best -- though the studio renamed it
something stupid and it's hard to find (not on netflix for example.....)

- JR

It was a real good movie and I cannot - rembemer either what they re-named
it.
I think that there was a lawsuit w Ken Kesey.

However it originally came from a song by Elizabeth Cotten sung by Huddie
Ledbetter.
aka Leadbelly

Fred

Fred
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On Apr 17, 7:17*am, jeff wrote:
Fred wrote:
[...]

Dogwoods and azaleas ? Arkansas, parhaps?

We were just there over the weekend for the opening festival in Mt.
View. Lots of music and pickin'.
Stopped at the North Fork of the White just below Norfork dam for a
couple days on the way down. Caught a number of nice 'bows and browns
and a 16 in. brookie -- largest in at least 25 years for me.

And the dogwoods and redbuds were spectacular.

cheers

oz, worn out from flailen' the fly rod in the wind and playen' the
dobro for almost 48 hrs. striaght.
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

MajorOz wrote:
On Apr 17, 7:17 am, jeff wrote:

dogwoods and azaleas blooming here...best i've seen in years. the
fishing season is here...so far, i've been skunked on every trip... it's
been great!!

Dogwoods and azaleas ? Arkansas, parhaps?

north carolina

We were just there over the weekend for the opening festival in Mt.
View. Lots of music and pickin'.
Stopped at the North Fork of the White just below Norfork dam for a
couple days on the way down. Caught a number of nice 'bows and browns
and a 16 in. brookie -- largest in at least 25 years for me.

the only arkansas allure for me has been middleton's "the earth is
enough"...

And the dogwoods and redbuds were spectacular.

redbuds bloom earlier than dogwoods/azaleas here. we had some that
bloomed in february during a warm snap...

cheers

oz, worn out from flailen' the fly rod in the wind and playen' the
dobro for almost 48 hrs. striaght.

went bass fishing this past weekend - haven't been in a few years. big
bass in lily pads are a challenge...even with 20 lb braid.

jeff (as my mentor is fond of saying..."let 'em play in the boat")
Old April 21st, 2009, 11:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR[_2_]

asadi wrote:
"JR" wrote in message
jeff wrote:
"somtimes a great notion", ken kesey. you're either on the bus or you're
off the bus merry pranksters - electric kool-aid acid test.

jeff (giving flowering things and optimism a try for a while...pranksters
notwithstanding)

Fine movie, too, one of Newman's best -- though the studio renamed it
something stupid and it's hard to find (not on netflix for example.....)

- JR

ahs anyone named the movie yet? can I have either name of whatever movie we
are reading about?

Originally called "Sometimes a Great Notion," like the book and the song
lyrics. Renamed, oh, let me Google here...... ah.... "Never Give an
Inch". Henry Fonda and Lee Remick along with Newman.

- JR

(P.S.: Thunderbird's spell checker suggests "sadists" instead of "asadi"....)

Old April 21st, 2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2009-04-21, JR wrote:
Originally called "Sometimes a Great Notion," like the book and the song
lyrics. Renamed, oh, let me Google here...... ah.... "Never Give an
Inch".

Really? I've never seen it with that title. Still shown occasionally by
orig title, Sometimes a Great Notion. Look for on TCM, AMC, FMC.

nb

Old April 21st, 2009, 11:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:11:04 GMT, JR wrote:

asadi wrote:
"JR" wrote in message
jeff wrote:
"somtimes a great notion", ken kesey. you're either on the bus or you're
off the bus merry pranksters - electric kool-aid acid test.

jeff (giving flowering things and optimism a try for a while...pranksters
notwithstanding)
Fine movie, too, one of Newman's best -- though the studio renamed it
something stupid and it's hard to find (not on netflix for example.....)

- JR

ahs anyone named the movie yet? can I have either name of whatever movie we
are reading about?

Originally called "Sometimes a Great Notion," like the book and the song
lyrics. Renamed, oh, let me Google here...... ah.... "Never Give an
Inch". Henry Fonda and Lee Remick along with Newman.

Ah - I thought y'all were talking about "Deep Inside Bushy Canyon"...

HTH,