Losing newsgroups...

Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Frank Church[_7_]

Default Losing newsgroups...

Looks like Verizon is going to drop the binaries hierarchy, what the
hell do I do now for abpf? Don't want to pay for just one binary group,
anyone have an idea?

Frank Sr.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fred

On 22-Jun-2008, Frank Church wrote:

Looks like Verizon is going to drop the binaries hierarchy, what the
hell do I do now for abpf? Don't want to pay for just one binary group,
anyone have an idea?

Frank Sr.

A posssible solution From another ng

www.motzarella.org

*Free* access to discussion groups - including "this one"...

/daytripper

Fred
Old June 22nd, 2008, 08:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
DK[_4_]

Fred wrote:
On 22-Jun-2008, Frank Church wrote:

Looks like Verizon is going to drop the binaries hierarchy, what the
hell do I do now for abpf? Don't want to pay for just one binary group,
anyone have an idea?

Frank Sr.

A posssible solution From another ng

www.motzarella.org

*Free* access to discussion groups - including "this one"...

/daytripper

Fred

I don't see any binaries offered.

Try teranews.com
Old June 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
daytripper

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:32:10 GMT, "Fred" wrote:

On 22-Jun-2008, Frank Church wrote:

Looks like Verizon is going to drop the binaries hierarchy, what the
hell do I do now for abpf? Don't want to pay for just one binary group,
anyone have an idea?

Frank Sr.

A posssible solution From another ng

www.motzarella.org

*Free* access to discussion groups - including "this one"...

/daytripper

Fred

keyword = discussion

and the "this one" group was alt.flyfishing - a *discussion* group...

/daytripper
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fred

On 22-Jun-2008, daytripper wrote:

sssible solution From another ng

www.motzarella.org

*Free* access to discussion groups - including "this one"...

/daytripper

Fred

keyword = discussion

and the "this one" group was alt.flyfishing - a *discussion* group...

/daytripper

My mistake - sorry

Fred
Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
asadi

"Frank Church" wrote in message
Looks like Verizon is going to drop the binaries hierarchy, what the hell
do I do now for abpf? Don't want to pay for just one binary group, anyone
have an idea?

Frank Sr.

yottanews is free but there retention is only about two days....

Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
ToddAndMargo

DK wrote:
Fred wrote:
On 22-Jun-2008, Frank Church wrote:

Looks like Verizon is going to drop the binaries hierarchy, what the
hell do I do now for abpf? Don't want to pay for just one binary group,
anyone have an idea?

Frank Sr.

A posssible solution From another ng

www.motzarella.org

*Free* access to discussion groups - including "this one"...

/daytripper

Fred

I don't see any binaries offered.

Try teranews.com

Teranews wants $3.95 one time fee to sign up for for their
free service. And, they want their $3.95 over the web -- they
won't take a money order. Rats! (I don't order over the web.)

I feel like I am loosing part of my family
here. Well, the part I actually like. :'[

Any other ideas?

--T
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fred

On 22-Jun-2008, ToddAndMargo wrote:

Teranews wants $3.95 one time fee to sign up for for their
free service. And, they want their $3.95 over the web -- they
won't take a money order. Rats! (I don't order over the web.)

I feel like I am loosing part of my family
here. Well, the part I actually like. :'[

Any other ideas?

--T

I order over the web -no prioblem - but I closely monitor my credit cards
for fraudulent charges and we do catch them.

Fred
Old June 23rd, 2008, 01:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 04:44:56 GMT, "Fred"
wrote:

I order over the web -no prioblem - but I closely monitor my credit cards
for fraudulent charges and we do catch them.

You're paranoid. Do you follow your credit card when the
waiter/waitress takes it to scan? I didn't think so. I have used
credit cards for many, many years, including buying loads of stuff on
the internet, and have never experienced any fraud.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fred

On 23-Jun-2008, "asadi" wrote:

often use paypal to pay on the web, I have one credit card that is used
only for the web and I have one bank account for internet use.

Theoretically, it offers a small measure of protection...I feel it is no
more dangerous than letting a clerk 'scan' your card at the mall...

john

Paypal is fine except that I just received 2 e-mails last week from people
cliaming to want to update my paypal account - Phishing
So be careful and NEVER answer these

Fred