Where are the posts?

Old October 27th, 2008, 12:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

Default Where are the posts?

Neither my home computer nor the one at work have shown any new posts
on roff for 3 days. What's up?

--riverman
Old October 27th, 2008, 12:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim Lysyk

riverman wrote:
Neither my home computer nor the one at work have shown any new posts
on roff for 3 days. What's up?

--riverman

We got annoyed with you and put you into a reverse killfile so that
posts won't be sent to you.

Tim Lysyk
Old October 27th, 2008, 01:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

riverman wrote:
Neither my home computer nor the one at work have shown any new posts
on roff for 3 days. What's up?

--riverman

I'm saving all of them for myself, to read later. Much later.

Old October 27th, 2008, 10:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2008-10-27, riverman wrote:
Neither my home computer nor the one at work have shown any new posts
on roff for 3 days. What's up?

many pple are killfilling whole online newsgroup (usenet) providers to avoid
newsgroup spam. that, or your OS (nt, not likely) or client or h/w is tits
up.

nb

Old October 28th, 2008, 12:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On 2008-10-27, riverman wrote:
Neither my home computer nor the one at work have shown any new posts
on roff for 3 days. What's up?

many pple are killfilling whole online newsgroup (usenet) providers to avoid
newsgroup spam.

ummm...say what now?

that, or your OS (nt, not likely) or client or h/w is tits up.

On two separate systems? Not likely...

/daytripper
Old October 28th, 2008, 04:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Oct 27, 8:58*am, Tim Lysyk wrote:
riverman wrote:
Neither my home computer nor the one at work have shown any new posts
on roff for 3 days. What's up?

--riverman

We got annoyed with you and put you into a reverse killfile so that
posts won't be sent to you.

Tim Lysyk

Oh thank god. I thought for a minute you had reverse killfiled me or
something.

--riverman
Old October 28th, 2008, 04:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Oct 26, 5:38*pm, riverman wrote:
Neither my home computer nor the one at work have shown any new posts
on roff for 3 days. What's up?

--riverman

I have the same problem. I just figured it was someone's bad juju.
Consequently I have had my Santaria neice/witch kill a chicken, read
its entrails and tell me who it is. For $150 more she is working up a
hit what she says will put uncontrolled flatulance and "dick scabies
on de rascals fo a week" at least. Send me $100 and she will do a two-
fer.

Old October 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Oct 27, 1:38*am, riverman wrote:
Neither my home computer nor the one at work have shown any new posts
on roff for 3 days. What's up?

--riverman

China, among others has increased its monitoring and filtering. If
you use a "China Filter", like this one,

http://chinachannel.hk/

you can simulate the effects. ( you of course may not have to
simulate!), You may have to use proxies to get around such filters,
and you should be careful, as it may be illegal and cause problems.

May also be of interest;

http://forum.bplaced.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4246
Old October 28th, 2008, 07:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Oct 27, 1:38*am, riverman wrote:
Neither my home computer nor the one at work have shown any new posts
on roff for 3 days. What's up?

--riverman

Also, of course, as long as assholes like Fortenberry continue to
dominate this group, and mostly with off topic ****e, very few people
are interested in either viewing, or posting to it.
Old October 28th, 2008, 07:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Oct 27, 1:38*am, riverman wrote:
Neither my home computer nor the one at work have shown any new posts
on roff for 3 days. What's up?

--riverman

There werenīt all that many post anyway, and newsgroup propagation on
some main international trunks is extremely slow. May be the result of
a large number of providers dropping the groups, which affected at
least two main archive providers, thus forcing re-routing for some
other providers.