OT In defense of pirates ...

Old April 13th, 2009, 04:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default OT In defense of pirates ...

Another side of the story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann..._b_155147.html

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

Avast yee to Davey Jones locker ya swabbys...
And let that be a lesson to ya.

Old April 13th, 2009, 05:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

Three pirates take up negotiations with Davy Jones....

Old April 13th, 2009, 07:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
george9219

On Apr 13, 11:39*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Another side of the story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann...-lied-to-abo_b...

--
Ken Fortenberry

Gee. I'm glad you posted that link. I'm sobbing all over my keyboard
thinking of the plight of those poor Somalian terrorist cocksuckers.
You do realize that the Maersk Alabama was loaded with food for the
Somalian people that these pirates were attempting to hijack for
personal gain. Piracy has become big business in that area. The best
thing that could happen there is a few cruise missiles sent "special
delivery" to their training camps, and armed decoy freighters to
provide them with surprise parties when they attempt to board. Up
until now piracy in that area has been a low cost, low risk, high
reward enterprise. I have a feeling that is about to change.
Old April 13th, 2009, 07:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

george9219 wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Another side of the story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann...-lied-to-abo_b...

Gee. I'm glad you posted that link. I'm sobbing all over my keyboard
thinking of the plight of those poor Somalian terrorist cocksuckers.
You do realize that the Maersk Alabama was loaded with food for the
Somalian people that these pirates were attempting to hijack for
personal gain.

Well, one man's terrorist cocksucker is another man's unemployed
fisherman who never meant to kill anyone.

Piracy has become big business in that area.

Fishing used to be a way to eke out a meager existence.

The best
thing that could happen there is a few cruise missiles sent "special
delivery" to their training camps, and armed decoy freighters to
provide them with surprise parties when they attempt to board. Up
until now piracy in that area has been a low cost, low risk, high
reward enterprise. I have a feeling that is about to change.

The rule of law is better than lawlessness. But it's not unreasonable
to realize that lawlessness can sometimes be justified. I don't feel
qualified to sit in judgment of Somali pirates, but then I've got one
of those liberal, bleeding hearts. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 13th, 2009, 08:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

From the Navy SEALs' creed:

"My loyalty to country and team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as
a guardian
to my fellow Americans, always ready to defend those who are unable to
defend
themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek
recognition for my
actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession,
placing the
welfare and security of others before my own. I serve with honor on
and off the
battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions,
regardless of
circumstance, sets me apart from other men. ... In the absence of
orders I will
take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. ... I will
never
quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My nation expects me to be
physically
harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will
get back
up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to
protect my
teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight."

Old April 13th, 2009, 10:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Apr 13, 8:39*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Another side of the story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann...-lied-to-abo_b...

--
Ken Fortenberry

I am not sympathetic. They grab our merchant ships, we should kill em
whenever we can.

Here is the story I am worried about. In recent months a number of
Somali young men from Minneapolis and a few from Seattle have been
"disappearing." There has been some back channel rumours of US based
Somalis being involved in the business and money laundering side of
the pirate business. My suspicious mind is saying maybe these Somali
Muslim youth were not headed for terrorist camps; maybe they were
headed for positions in the pirate operations. Maybe when some of the
former pirates are transformed into bodies, we will be in for some
enlightenment and hopefully my suspicions will have been unwarranted.
If they ARE US residents, and captured, I think they need to face
something akin to treason charges.

Old April 13th, 2009, 10:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

DaveS wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Another side of the story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann...-lied-to-abo_b...

I am not sympathetic. They grab our merchant ships, we should kill em
whenever we can.

Hell yeah, kill all those cowardly mother****ers. I mean what a bunch
of worthless girly men. The Japs come in with their trawlers and take
all their fish illegally and what do those wimps do ? Nada. Not a
goddamn thing. If they had any balls at all they'd build a long range
bomber and an atomic bomb and nuke hell out of the ****in' Japs like
real men. Hell, that's what *we* did and what's good enough for 'Murica
is good enough for those Somali *******s.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Apr 13, 2:51*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
DaveS wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Another side of the story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann...-lied-to-abo_b....

I am not sympathetic. They grab our merchant ships, we should kill em
whenever we can.

Hell yeah, kill all those cowardly mother****ers. I mean what a bunch
of worthless girly men. The Japs come in with their trawlers and take
all their fish illegally and what do those wimps do ? Nada. Not a
goddamn thing. If they had any balls at all they'd build a long range
bomber and an atomic bomb and nuke hell out of the ****in' Japs like
real men. Hell, that's what *we* did and what's good enough for 'Murica
is good enough for those Somali *******s.

--
Ken Fortenberry

There have been lots of mistakes in Somalia. The USAs most recent
mistake was to pay the Ethiopians to invade and take down the emerging
"Islamic Courts" government (using the term loosely) because we were
backing another bunch of clowns further north who had no base of armed
support. If we would have just let things happen we could have
negotiated/bribed the Islamic Courts into taking out the pirates who
were a minor nuisance at the time, and aided them in remounting a
coast guard and fishing zone protection operation.

Unfortunately that option was not taken by the Bushies so we are where
we are, and that is what we have to work with. It's just plain
unacceptable to let the pirates stand in the way of all the food aid
operations in East Africa. Is there more than a bit of hypocracy going
on in regards to ripping off the fish? Ya You Betcha. And its not just
the Japanese (easy with the J_p stuff please. I am a member of the
JACL, and we just dedicated the internment memorial here). It is also
the Spanish and those pirate fishing/whaling operations typically
bankrolled with Norwegian money

Whats new. It also bugs me that all the cell phones used on the planet
use minerals/metals mined and marketed thru warlords who have turned
the Eastern Congo into the worlds worst blood bath and slave state for
the last 10 years. Hello Nokia, Apple etc, etc etc. They all are doing
business with zip degrees of separation from some of the worst
*******s on the planet. I am waiting for the indignation, protests,
and boycotts to start in the tech community with baited breath. I
don't hear anything from Libs or Wingnuts on this outrage.

Old April 14th, 2009, 12:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:22:06 -0700 (PDT), DaveS
wrote:

baited breath

Baited breath? Yuck! That can't be good for you.

d;o)