OT It could be, it might be, it is !!!

Old April 14th, 2009, 07:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default OT It could be, it might be, it is !!!

A homerun.

He did it several times on the campaign trail but he did it today
for the first time as President. Obama delivered a major economic
speech at Georgetown University and he knocked it out of the
ballpark. *WAY* out of the ballpark. Wow.

I'm going to call it the "House on the Rock" speech and this one
was one for the history books. If you haven't read it or heard it
yet hie thee to the Internet and behold. We have a President who
gets it.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 14th, 2009, 07:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

yea, right...whay do you hate america ?

Old April 14th, 2009, 07:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Apr 14, 11:40*am, "~^ beancounter ~^"
wrote:
yea, right...whay do you hate america ?

Jebus, can't you get anything right. Its "Why do you hate America so
much?" Practice it.

Old April 14th, 2009, 07:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

yea, right...whay do you hate america ?

Classic. HOMERIC!
Frank Reid
Old April 14th, 2009, 08:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

yea, right...why do you hate america ?

Old April 14th, 2009, 09:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Apr 14, 2:47*pm, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:
yea, right...why do you hate america ?

Too late, you've been quoted, tagged and reviewed.
Frank Reid
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

petty...and kinda sad..........oh well.......i am pretty
busy today doing tax returns........

Old April 15th, 2009, 12:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

petty...and kinda sad..........

Petty, funny. Not half as good as some of my typos.

oh well.......i am pretty busy today doing tax returns........

Thank you for doing your part to support the current administration.
Frank Reid

Old April 15th, 2009, 03:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
A homerun.

He did it several times on the campaign trail but he did it today
for the first time as President. Obama delivered a major economic
speech at Georgetown University and he knocked it out of the
ballpark. *WAY* out of the ballpark. Wow.

I'm going to call it the "House on the Rock" speech and this one
was one for the history books. If you haven't read it or heard it
yet hie thee to the Internet and behold. We have a President who
gets it.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Damned fine speech....

John

Old April 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:35:04 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

A homerun.

He did it several times on the campaign trail but he did it today
for the first time as President. Obama delivered a major economic
speech at Georgetown University and he knocked it out of the
ballpark. *WAY* out of the ballpark. Wow.

I'm going to call it the "House on the Rock" speech and this one
was one for the history books. If you haven't read it or heard it
yet hie thee to the Internet and behold. We have a President who
gets it.

I haven't _heard_ the speech - I have only skimmed/sorta-read the "as prepared
for delivery" copy and seen commentary about it (oddly, the general
business-press slant seems to be either that Obama thinks things are turning
around OR that he thinks the worst is yet to come, and from what I skimmed,
there was only a couple of lines either way, but...???).

OTOH, WH Press Secretary Gibbs said, when asked about how the speech "contained
nothing new," that "we have already bitten off more than we can chew," so
"anything new would have been met by skepticism..." I've gotta say, after
having read this thread, hearing that was surprising.

So, whoever - please sum it up - what made this speech so wonderful (or not)?

TIA,