OT Predictions

Old January 12th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default OT Predictions

My sentimental favorite was eliminated in OT after Bret Favre threw
up a wounded quail. What was he thinking ? And my hometown favorite
bit the dust because Mike Martz pulled a chicken**** at the end of
regulation. What was HE thinking ? So we're down to the final four
and I'm left without a rooting interest. In order to make things
at least marginally interesting I'm going to predict the outcomes
of the last 3 games of the NFL season here on roff so I can gloat
about having gotten it right. ;-)

Colts at Pats

If your defense gives up 31 points to the Chiefs, I don't think
even Peyton Manning can keep you in the ball game against the Pats.

Prediction: New England 28 - Indianapolis 21

Panthers at Eagles

Donovan McNabb will not be denied. And that's good, because it makes
Rush Limbaugh look like a Big Fat Idiot.

Prediction: Philadelphia 24 - Carolina 20

Super Bowl XXXVIII

Pats and Eagles, tough call. Should be a barn burner of a Super Bowl.
Gawd, there's been 38 of them already ? My how time flies when you're
drinking Bud. ;-)

Prediction: New England 27 - Philadelphia 21 in OT

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old January 12th, 2004, 11:33 PM
daytripper

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:50:41 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

[...]

I could live with that ;-)

The Pats will have their hands full again this weekend.
Indy is an offensive strength, but we're hopeful Manning keeps remembering
he's never beat the Pats. Ever. And Indy's defense is clearly from hunger,
which matches up with our anemic (but keeps on winning) offense.

No matter who I'd root for, I would definitely not want to face Carolina.
Period.

/daytripper
(Another Foxboro Freezer Bowl this weekend! Pass the hot chocolate! ;-)
Old January 12th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Scott Seidman

daytripper wrote in
:

The Pats will have their hands full again this weekend.

I hope so!! I'm still holding a grudge against Bellicek. I fully believe
that Modell had him ruining the Browns so people wouldn't yell so loud when
he ran from Cleveland

Scott
Old January 13th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Wayne Harrison

"daytripper" wrote
No matter who I'd root for, I would definitely not want to face Carolina.
Period.

and that's who anyone who wants to win the super bowl is gonna have to
go through.

heh heh heh

yfitons
wayno