bluegill Gurgler test

Old June 8th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Joe McIntosh

Default bluegill Gurgler test

tested my gurgler design for color last evening before making a
production run for the swap
cloudy sky- just before rain - brim beds about 20 feet away in four foot of
water.
orange foam body with orange wings won - but think i will move up to a size
8 hook as even small fish were swallowing hook
fellow swappers please be warned--my " orange obesity " will not be
pretty--but it will catch fish!'

Old June 8th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Tim J.

"Joe McIntosh" wrote...
tested my gurgler design for color last evening before making a
production run for the swap
cloudy sky- just before rain - brim beds about 20 feet away in four foot of
water.
orange foam body with orange wings won - but think i will move up to a size
8 hook as even small fish were swallowing hook
fellow swappers please be warned--my " orange obesity " will not be
pretty--but it will catch fish!'

Sounds like a winner, Joe. I'm probably tying something in lime
green/chartreuse, but I have to check supplies.
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 8th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Big Dale

Indian Joe wrote:snipfellow swappers please be warned--my " orange obesity "
will not be
pretty--but it will catch fish!'

That is what these bugs are all about. I look forward to testing your new fly.

Big Dale
Old June 8th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Joe McIntosh" wrote in message
tested my gurgler design for color last evening before making a
production run for the swap
cloudy sky- just before rain - brim beds about 20 feet away in four foot

of
water.
orange foam body with orange wings won - but think i will move up to a

size
8 hook as even small fish were swallowing hook
fellow swappers please be warned--my " orange obesity " will not be
pretty--but it will catch fish!'

joe: was that on a pond on one of the landfill golf courses? if so,

do you think we could meet for an early mornin fish during the weekend of
father's day (18-20 june)? i think i will be down at wrightsville with ms.
renda macrae speight.

yfitp
wayno