Alaska Arolik River (slide show full report)

Old July 20th, 2006, 04:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
noshellswill

Default Alaska Arolik River (slide show full report)

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:55:23 -0700, Tom Nakashima wrote:

Hope this works, it's through Comcast my ISP:
Click on either one of the links:

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/G...fdf3783712273c

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/GN2QM8Mc

-tom

Tom:

For us hopeful "lurkers", excellent shots and an amazing adventure.

nss
********

Old July 20th, 2006, 02:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Charlie Choc

wrote:

Hope this works, it's through Comcast my ISP:
Click on either one of the links:

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/G...fdf3783712273c

That's a great slide show Tom. I watched it on a PC without speakers, so I
didn't hear your music, but I was listening to "Dark Side of the Moon" and the
music and slides were oddly synchronized. g
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old July 20th, 2006, 04:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Charlie Choc

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:13:33 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:

Funny that you mentioned Pink Floyd, I first had "Us and Them" from the Dark
Side of the Moon as my background music. but at the last minute made the
change.

That would have been a nice choice, too.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old July 20th, 2006, 06:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:33:05 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:
[...]

I was just reading a brochure yesterday evening from an Outfitter who's name
I won't mention.
It starts out by saying that a staff member wakes you up at 6:30am and
serves you the beverage of your choice.
The Bloody Mary I presume?, then you're served a breakfast, given a box
lunch and "assigned a personal guide" to take you on the river to fish "the
hot spots." You are back in at 5:00pm to get cleaned up for dinner which is
served at 7:30. Not sure if they powder your toothbrush and tuck you into
bed reading Goldie Locks and the Three Bears.

When I read that I almost fell out of my chair....sounds worst than my
mother: "and Tommy, be sure to be back @ 5:00 sharp for dinner!" All they
need more for their adventure trip are time clocks...don't forget to
punch-in boys. One good thing about PaPa Bear Adventures is you can fish,
eat and sleep anytime you want and you don't need a guide out there...fish
is everywhere.
damn rw, you got me all worked up now...going to take a ****.
-tom

Well, young fella, it appears from here you already did just that.

At the least of it, the brochure offers the comfortably endowed older
clientele the very proper experience they aspired to and still remember from
days gone by. I wouldn't belittle it, nor begrudge them...

/daytripper
Old July 20th, 2006, 06:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"daytripper" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:33:05 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"

wrote:
[...]

[...]

not sure about that, because the pictures of the clients looked like were
younger than I.
A lot of PaPa Bear Adventures clients are in their 60's for their unguided
trips.
-tom

Old July 20th, 2006, 06:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Tom Nakashima wrote:
"daytripper" wrote:
... I wouldn't belittle it, nor begrudge them...

not sure about that, because the pictures of the clients looked like were
younger than I.
A lot of PaPa Bear Adventures clients are in their 60's for their unguided
trips.

Some people like cheap, no-frills Alaskan vacations and others
prefer a Bloody Mary on the veranda before flying off to yet
another remote fishing spot. I can see the appeal of both and
like 'tripper I wouldn't belittle either preference.

--
Ken Fortenberry - I mean, the no-frills version means no Budweiser !
Old July 20th, 2006, 07:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Tom Nakashima wrote:

"daytripper" wrote:

... I wouldn't belittle it, nor begrudge them...

not sure about that, because the pictures of the clients looked like
were younger than I.
A lot of PaPa Bear Adventures clients are in their 60's for their
unguided trips.

Some people like cheap, no-frills Alaskan vacations and others
prefer a Bloody Mary on the veranda before flying off to yet
another remote fishing spot. I can see the appeal of both and
like 'tripper I wouldn't belittle either preference.

I've done both. It's nice to have all the comforts and the guide and so
on, but there's also satisfaction in meeting the challenge of doing it
yourself (in addition to saving money).

Old July 20th, 2006, 07:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
.net...
Tom Nakashima wrote:
"daytripper" wrote:
... I wouldn't belittle it, nor begrudge them...

not sure about that, because the pictures of the clients looked like were
younger than I.
A lot of PaPa Bear Adventures clients are in their 60's for their
unguided trips.

Some people like cheap, no-frills Alaskan vacations and others
prefer a Bloody Mary on the veranda before flying off to yet
another remote fishing spot. I can see the appeal of both and
like 'tripper I wouldn't belittle either preference.

--
Ken Fortenberry - I mean, the no-frills version means no Budweiser !

I agree, wasn't trying to belittle it, just saying the time-clock tours are
not for me.
I tend to take vacations to get away from all that. Don't take this wrong,
a lot of my friends enjoy hooking up with outfitters that serve them drinks
with umbrellas in them, and I enjoy it when they share their vacations and
photos.
-tom