Alaska Arolik River (slide show full report)

Old July 19th, 2006, 02:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

Default Alaska Arolik River (slide show full report)

Hope this works, it's through Comcast my ISP:
Click on either one of the links:

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/G...fdf3783712273c

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/GN2QM8Mc

-tom

Old July 19th, 2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
William Claspy

On 7/19/06 9:55 AM, in article , "Tom
Nakashima" wrote:

Hope this works, it's through Comcast my ISP:

Worked just fine here, Tom. Looks like a mighty fine trip.

Bill

Click on either one of the links:

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/GN2QM8Mc?sk=e958f38c9afc27dad7fdf3783712273

Old July 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Willi

Tom Nakashima wrote:
Hope this works, it's through Comcast my ISP:
Click on either one of the links:

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/G...fdf3783712273c

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/GN2QM8Mc

-tom

That was fun and got me psyched for our upcoming trip!

I take it you never met Jim before the trip??? I don't think I'd take a
9 day float with just one other person that I hadn't even met. An
asshole or an incompatible person could have made the trip a nightmare.
I'm glad it worked out for you.

How did you find and decide on the Arolik? It's not a very well known
river.

Willi

Old July 19th, 2006, 04:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jimbo

"Willi" wrote in message
That was fun and got me psyched for our upcoming trip!

I take it you never met Jim before the trip??? I don't think I'd take a 9
day float with just one other person that I hadn't even met. An asshole or
an incompatible person could have made the trip a nightmare. I'm glad it
worked out for you.

How did you find and decide on the Arolik? It's not a very well known
river.

Willi

I agree. I just returned from a Canadian fishing trip, and the only other
guy in the lodge other than my wife and I remarked that the camp where he
normally stays is full of a**h****, to which I thought, "yeah, and one less
than normal". Tom is a brave soul to take pot luck on a 9 day fishing
partner, although I will say that 95% of the folks I have met at fishing
camps have been folks I would gladly fish with again. That 5% though would
be almost enough to make me hang up my rod forever.

Jim Ray

Old July 19th, 2006, 04:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred Lebow

Just great!

Thanks

Fred

--
Fred Lebow
Floriani Embroidery Sewing and Quilting Products

http://www.rnkdistributing.com
Embroidery Mart East - Nashville August 4-5 Booth #300
http://www.EmbroideryMart.com

Old July 19th, 2006, 06:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"jimbo" wrote in message

"Willi" wrote in message
[...]

I think my wife and kids were more worried about me being out 10 days in the
middle of nowhere with a stranger than I was.
My son said to me before I left; "Well Dad, if you're going to get screwed,
I hope it's with a bear for your sake!"
-tom

Old July 19th, 2006, 10:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Tom Nakashima wrote:
Hope this works, it's through Comcast my ISP:
Click on either one of the links:

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/G...fdf3783712273c

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/GN2QM8Mc

Wow! Well done.

Great choice of music. "Summer" from Vivaldi's Four Seasons?

Nice fish, too.

I'm really looking forward to my August trip with Willi, Bruiser, Danl,
and Bevin.

Steve (Papa Bear) runs a good operation. If you don't need or want a
guide, they offer affordable trips.

OTOH, you're on your own. No one to set up your tents, cook your meals,
clean up your mess, load the frigging boat in the morning (that was the
worst part), and so on.

Old July 20th, 2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
bruiser

Nice Job Tom! Great pictures and fish. I liked the music too but I'd
prefer a twangier version with a steel guitar. Thanks for posting.

We are really getting psyched for our trip. It's a lot of work getting
ready when you'll be out in the middle of nowhere for 12 days!

bruce h

Old July 20th, 2006, 12:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Willi

Tom Nakashima wrote:

Willi

I agree. I just returned from a Canadian fishing trip, and the only other
guy in the lodge other than my wife and I remarked that the camp where he
normally stays is full of a**h****, to which I thought, "yeah, and one
less than normal". Tom is a brave soul to take pot luck on a 9 day fishing
partner, although I will say that 95% of the folks I have met at fishing
camps have been folks I would gladly fish with again. That 5% though would
be almost enough to make me hang up my rod forever.

Jim Ray

I think my wife and kids were more worried about me being out 10 days in the
middle of nowhere with a stranger than I was.
My son said to me before I left; "Well Dad, if you're going to get screwed,
I hope it's with a bear for your sake!"
-tom

I remember Susan's comment before my first Clave - You're going to go
fishing with a group of guys you just met on the INTERNET!!!!

However, I figured that as long as they weren't homicidal maniacs or
some such, I could just drive off and go fishing on my own. However, on
a 9 day float with one raft, that isn't an option.

Willi