Trout Bones?

Old December 11th, 2006, 02:26 AM posted to alt.fishing
Jimi

Default Trout Bones?

Hello ,

I live in Saskatchewan Canada. I am Looking for a tool to take the
bones out of trout fillets. I have seen the ones made by Cabelas in the USA
that are only good for 3 lb trout. My wife and I are in an area where we
regularly catch rainbows in the neighbourhood from six to twenty pounds.
Given that , has anybody got any tool ideas that will take out the bones
after slabbing out the fish? I have googled this problem big time. We
presently are using stainless needle nosed pliers but takes forever and
molests the fillet terribly .... Any ideas that can be used in the kitchen
before introducing to fire would be wonderful...Thanks a bunch...Jimi

Old December 18th, 2006, 06:12 AM posted to alt.fishing
Heleena

"Jimi" wrote in message
Hello ,

I live in Saskatchewan Canada. I am Looking for a tool to take the
bones out of trout fillets. I have seen the ones made by Cabelas in the
USA that are only good for 3 lb trout. My wife and I are in an area where
we regularly catch rainbows in the neighbourhood from six to twenty
pounds. Given that , has anybody got any tool ideas that will take out the
bones after slabbing out the fish? I have googled this problem big time.
We presently are using stainless needle nosed pliers but takes forever and
molests the fillet terribly .... Any ideas that can be used in the
kitchen before introducing to fire would be wonderful...Thanks a
bunch...Jimi

Jimi,

I feel your pain... this is what you should do...
Gut your fish like normal.
Wrap it in foil
put the fish and foil in the center of a bake pan.
pack cow sh*t around that and cook it for 20 minutes.
After that, take out the pan, throw away the fish and eat the cow patties!
-----------------------
I hate eating trout just becuase of the bones issues.
I suggest switching to a different fish. Try walleye.
Their great, or justabout any other fish, like pike and such.

Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:51 PM posted to alt.fishing
Lushy

Heleena wrote:
"Jimi" wrote in message
[...]

Seen on a show that you can fillet the fish with your thumbs by pushing them
between the flesh anfd the bones instead of using a fillet knife.
Lush au

Old January 7th, 2007, 03:09 AM posted to alt.fishing
John

I thought Cabelas sold two sizes, one for
steelhead and salmon and the smaller one.
Check the web try calling catalog customer
service and ask if there is a bigger one