Water Temps

Old October 15th, 2008, 05:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

Default Water Temps

Can anyone help me out with what water temps inspire what behavior . For
example what temps cause large and small mouth to move from winter to spring
depths, cause them to spawn, to move back off to deeper water etc. Any help
appreciated, hope question is not to general.

p.s. thanks for all responses and emails on wife Judy's behalf. She's
recovering from surgery nicely and will have her second Chemo session in two
weeks. Thanks much guys and gals.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old October 15th, 2008, 06:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

Water Temps

Can anyone help me out with what water temps inspire what behavior . For
example what temps cause large and small mouth to move from winter to
spring depths, cause them to spawn, to move back off to deeper water
etc. Any help appreciated, hope question is not to general.
p.s. thanks for all responses and emails on wife Judy's behalf. She's
recovering from surgery nicely and will have her second Chemo session in
two weeks. Thanks much guys and gals.
--
God Bless America
Josh The Bad Bear

=========

Really glad to hear that Judy is on the road to recovery, and dong well!

As for the water temps, I can't be of much help...I just Search for a
pattern that works for the current temps. Sometimes it ain't what the
"book" says.

John B

Old October 15th, 2008, 03:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"Joshuall" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone help me out with what water temps inspire what behavior . For
example what temps cause large and small mouth to move from winter to
spring depths, cause them to spawn, to move back off to deeper water etc.
Any help appreciated, hope question is not to general.

p.s. thanks for all responses and emails on wife Judy's behalf. She's
recovering from surgery nicely and will have her second Chemo session in
two weeks. Thanks much guys and gals.

First of all, it's great news to hear that Judy is doing well. I've been
wondering about that lately, but didn't want to intrude on your privacy.

Actually Josh, it's going to be really difficult to answer your question.
Bass in different parts of the country react differently to cold water.
Florida or Georgia bass are likely to curl up in the fetal position in water
temps in the 50's while Rhinelander area bass are still quite active.

It would probably help more if we knew a specific area of the country you
have in mind.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 15th, 2008, 06:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Joshuall" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone help me out with what water temps inspire what behavior . For
example what temps cause large and small mouth to move from winter to
spring depths, cause them to spawn, to move back off to deeper water etc.
Any help appreciated, hope question is not to general.

p.s. thanks for all responses and emails on wife Judy's behalf. She's
recovering from surgery nicely and will have her second Chemo session in
two weeks. Thanks much guys and gals.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Some people think that light cycles are as much of an indicator as water
temps.

Old October 15th, 2008, 08:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

I know around here (New England) that Smallmouth typically come out of
their winter patterns in 45 degree water. Keep in mind they are still
very very sluggish during this time and I can only usually get them
using a jerkbait triggering areas that are the first to see the ice
leave. I look for areas especially where water is flowing in (channel,
culvert, streams, etc.) Find the warmest water and trigger them with
hard jerks of the jerkbait in the most natural colors you can find. I
have also caught largemouth on this pattern but you need to wait till
the water hits about 50 degrees to see them.

As far as the spawn goes, Smallmouth spawn here 55-60 degrees
Largemouth spawn 62-65 degrees. I have also found out that the water
temp can be on the cool side (outside of previously stated ranges) if
there is a full moon. Something about that moon triggers spawning even
if the water isn't quite warm enough yet. Hope this helps...it is a
tough time of year to fish but living in New England with long winters
and no fishing it is a great time of year for me because it means I
can go out and fish again. Also this is a good time of year to catch
monster bass. Good luck!

Old October 16th, 2008, 12:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:35:13 -0500, "Joshuall"
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park then wrote:

Can anyone help me out with what water temps inspire what behavior . For
example what temps cause large and small mouth to move from winter to spring
depths, cause them to spawn, to move back off to deeper water etc. Any help
appreciated, hope question is not to general.

p.s. thanks for all responses and emails on wife Judy's behalf. She's
recovering from surgery nicely and will have her second Chemo session in two
weeks. Thanks much guys and gals.

Glad to hear positive news for Judy!! Take good care of her.

Dan