Winter is killing me

Old February 18th, 2004, 05:57 PM
alwayfishking

Default Winter is killing me

I just can't stand winter no more. I see the sun out but the lakes are still
12 inches thick and show no sign of thaw whatsoever. In the past two weeks I
have quit smoking(yes the wife is still alive) and re-organized my tackle,
replaced hooks,line and made some good winter tackle purchases that were on
clearance. Just got this "I need to fish bug" and knowing that I can't until
around April is driving me nuts. Subscribed to digital cable for more
outdoor shows and that just makes things worse. Could not stand watching
Roland Martin reel in two Lm's at the same time on okechobee as I adjusted
the thermostat.

Just ranting away as the thought of Ice fishing just makes me wretch. Tried
again this year and even caught some fish, but it's just way to wrong to
keep doing, and too dam cold Cant wait to the classic ...cant wait to the
classic...cant wait to the classic...cant wait to the classic...cant wait to
the classic...cant wait to the classic...cant wait to the classic...cant
wait to the classic...cant wait to the classic...cant wait to the
classic...cant wait to the classic...cant wait to the classic...cant wait to
the classic...cant wait to the classic...vcant wait to the classic...vcant

Old February 18th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Charles Summers

Wanna hear something that sucks even worse than having 12 inches of ice on
the lake??

How about NOT having 12 inches of ice, and still not having the chance to
fish!!! Our waters are warming slooowwly, and there's nothing blocking the
ramps or open water. I'm about to go nuts here myself, because I just can't
fit fishing into my schedule right now.

I'd love to go today, but I've gotta pack for our trip to Oklahoma in the
morning! Hang in there Randy... April is just around the corner.

BTW: Did you catch the opening of the Daytona 500? I'm not a race fan, but
it was on and Florida sure looked warm with everyone standing around in
short sleeved shirts. Leiann Rimes sure looked good too!

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old February 18th, 2004, 06:33 PM
alwayfishking

This was suppose to make me feel better? You can fish but don't have time
and remind me that I live in one of the coldest states by mentioning
Florida? Some friend you are : ) J/K

Old February 18th, 2004, 07:17 PM
BassMr

Careful there Catfish,Leanne is married and so are you! lol
I am wondering how the FLW boys are going to make out here on Old Hickory in
March,they are already setting up trailers at the Wal-Mart.

Old February 18th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Charles Summers

Oh yeah... married, right.

March is usually a good moth around here, so I hope they all do well! Our
tournaments start next month too, so hopefully I can get the boat out soon.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

news

Old February 18th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"alwayfishking" wrote in message
I just can't stand winter no more. I see the sun out but the lakes are

still
12 inches thick and show no sign of thaw whatsoever.

***Only 12" of ice? WIMP! A friend of mine just told me that he added an
extension to his ice auger to get through the covering on local lakes.
Today was the first day this year that we've been over freezing, with
subzero low temps most of those nights.

In the past two weeks I
have quit smoking(yes the wife is still alive) and re-organized my tackle,
replaced hooks,line and made some good winter tackle purchases that were

on
clearance. Just got this "I need to fish bug" and knowing that I can't

until
around April is driving me nuts. Subscribed to digital cable for more
outdoor shows and that just makes things worse. Could not stand watching
Roland Martin reel in two Lm's at the same time on okechobee as I adjusted
the thermostat.

***If you're lacking things to do, just give me a call. I'll give you
something other than watching "SON! Lookit that 10 pounder!!!"

[...]

***I'm still in Limbo regarding the Classic, not 100% sure if I'm coming or
not. Do you have any idea how hard it is to build a rod for the Classic,
knowing that I might not be able to compete for it? Knowing that there's a
possibility that I'll still have snow on the ground and the lakes could be
frozen yet in MAY???
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 18th, 2004, 07:39 PM
J Buck

opening of the Daytona 500? I'm not a race fan, but it was on and
Florida sure looked warm with everyone standing around in short sleeved
shirts. Leiann Rimes sure looked good too!

May have been warm, but Leann looked just a little nippy grin

Old February 18th, 2004, 10:00 PM
G. M. Zimmermann

I have a bad case of cabin fever myself. Most of the lakes around here
are still frozen, but I have decided that no matter what, I'm going to go
fishing this weekend. The temprature is supposed to be in the high 40's
(warmest day in almost 2 months) and there are several trout streams nearby
that have been stocked over the winter. They not bass, but at least they are
fish and they might even bite, and I won't be stuck at home watching the kids
while my wife goes shopping...AGAIN!!!

-Zimmy
Old February 18th, 2004, 11:05 PM
COOLLURES

Well I have at least been fishing... I swear I will wear out that darn play
station controller. *sigh*
On a good note the hard water is starting to leave. maybe open water by
early march?
Jeff

--
COOL LURES