Triton Boats and the BASSMASTER CLassic

Old April 1st, 2004, 08:29 PM
Charles Summers

Default Triton Boats and the BASSMASTER CLassic

From
http://www.tennessean.com/sports/loc...nt_ID=49198220

B.A.S.S. tabs Triton: Classic boat produced in Ashland City

By CHARLES SEARCY
For The Tennessean

The folks over at Triton Boats in Ashland City are smiling maybe their
widest grins since that very first boat rolled off the assembly line.

The reason?

Triton officially has become the exclusive boat for B.A.S.S. and that means
the highly popular BassMaster Classic, too, where the Tr21 X-Series will be
showcased this summer.

Another change is Mercury is returning as the exclusive motor, back after
several years of being out of the loop.

For Triton and its employees, however, it's a big step to show off the
product to the international market through ESPN's coverage of the
BassMaster Classic.

''Yes, we are very happy to be the exclusive boat sponsor of B.A.S.S. now,''
said Neal Hart, vice president of marketing for Triton. ''It has a great
deal of value to us to be the exclusive boat.''

And all this got even better last weekend when one of Triton's pro anglers,
Gerald Swindle of Hayden, Ala., won the 2004 CITGO-Bassmaster Angler of the
Year title during the B.A.S.S. tournament on Santee Cooper.

''Triton, Mercury and B.A.S.S. share a powerful vision and passion for our
sport and natural resources that make this a dynamic collaboration,'' said
Dean Kessel, vice president and general manager of B.A.S.S.

Triton President Earl Bentz, who had a share of the boat business with the
Classic last year, along with Skeeter and G3 boats, said he is excited over
what has occurred.

''We're truly proud and honored to join forces with B.A.S.S. as the
exclusive boat sponsor of the CITGO Bassmaster Tournament Trail and the
B.A.S.S. organization itself,'' Bentz said in a release.

''Since ESPN joined forces with B.A.S.S., bass fishing is finally on a par
with other professional sports in terms of prestige, payouts and popularity.
At Triton, we feel our new alliance with B.A.S.S. complements our shared
vision to positively change and grow the bass fishing industry even
further.''

Bentz, a former world champion boat racer, has had a good working
relationship with Mercury dating to the early 1970s when he cranked up the
Mercury outboards to power his tunnel-hull boats.

The Classic boats for 2004 will be Tr21 X-Series models and will be powered
by the new four-stroke, supercharged Mercury 250HP Verado outboard.

''That's an awesome combo,'' Hart said.

Also in the Classic boats will be the Res-Q ladder, a built-in, retractable,
boarding ladder that remains hidden until the operator removes a pin and
unfolds the three-step ladder.

The National Safe Boating Council awarded Triton the Safe Boating Award for
the innovative safety addition.

The Classic boats will be for sale through Triton Boat dealers around the
country. Many dealers already are putting in their orders because a limited
number is available.

''It's terrific for all parties involved,'' said Pat Mackey, president of
Mercury Marine. ''We are convinced that B.A.S.S. and ESPN Outdoors are
focused on growing and strengthening tournament fishing - which is vitally
important to our whole industry.''

Mercury will introduce its new four-stroke Verado engines through extended
ESPN coverage - up to 13 hours live - of Classic.

Verado is the first production outboard to feature a supercharger. Its
torque and acceleration are results of a supercharged induction system with
charge-air cooling and electronic boost pressure control.

--
www.secretweaponlures.com
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 1st, 2004, 10:37 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
Supercharger??? Hey Steve!?

I'm already working on that. My Cobra is rated for unlimited horsepower, so
I'm thinking about the 275 horse model. I have a marina that is interested
in sponsoring me, and we're talking about re-powering the boat if I can't
find a manufacturer to work with.

Now, if I can get Mercury to install nitrous oxide on that 275 Verado....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:15 AM
Andrew Kidd

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
Supercharger??? Hey Steve!?

I'm already working on that. My Cobra is rated for unlimited horsepower,

so
I'm thinking about the 275 horse model. I have a marina that is

interested
in sponsoring me, and we're talking about re-powering the boat if I can't
find a manufacturer to work with.

Now, if I can get Mercury to install nitrous oxide on that 275 Verado....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

I can just see the boat doing a backflip as you punch the nitrous... :-)
sounds dangerously fun...
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:42 AM
RGarri7470

Now, if I can get Mercury to install nitrous oxide on that 275 Verado....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Maybe another BOOM on Boom Lake!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old April 2nd, 2004, 03:38 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
I've heard enough BOOMS on Boom Lake.

See? That's the problem, you weren't going fast enough!!!

Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:41 AM
Calif Bill

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
Supercharger??? Hey Steve!?

I'm already working on that. My Cobra is rated for unlimited horsepower,

so
I'm thinking about the 275 horse model. I have a marina that is

interested
in sponsoring me, and we're talking about re-powering the boat if I can't
find a manufacturer to work with.

Now, if I can get Mercury to install nitrous oxide on that 275 Verado....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

When I used to work for Texas Instruments and went to Dallas, I would fish
Lake Fork for a day. Fished with Guide Mark Woodruff. Good guy. He liked
fast cars and boats. When he was still fishing tournaments, he said a boat
company wanted him to drive the boat and be a partner for their guy. Not a
company he normally was sponsored by, but he agreed. Late Registration so
he had to start last. He gets to the boat the morning of the tourney and he
says the boat motor hardly runs at idle. And 1/2 the boat is gas tank.
Does not know who worked on the motor, but the late registration was so he
would start last. As they went under a bridge about 1/2 down whatever lake
they were fishing was a huge sign advertising the boat / motor and he had
passed at least 1/2 the field. I think the motor had signs saying 200 hp,
but he figured it was closer to 350 hp. He liked the ride. Book him and
ask him for the rest of the story.
Bill