encounter

Old May 9th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Lure builder

Default encounter

This morning i had an encounter while fishing. It was a coyote. I was surpised
at how large it was and looked more like a wolf. It saw me and didn't seem to
want to runoff and came within 50 feet. If i moved it would follow or seem to
stalk. If I made a verbal geture it would move in even closer. It kind of gave
a shrill down my back since i was alone. It had a monitoring collar. I later
told the CO and he asked for a lot of details about it's location and
behaviour.. He said that they were doing a study on them and appreciated the
info i gave them so he could pass it on to the biology type lads.
Old May 9th, 2004, 09:53 PM
IBNFSHN

Gee Al, you should have captured it. Its good for a free Rebel at Wally
World.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

Old May 10th, 2004, 01:24 PM
alwaysfishking

It may be that your sole purpose in life is
simply to serve as a warning to others.

Old May 10th, 2004, 05:18 PM
BassMr

It's hard to figure if that coyote just wasn't hungry or he had real good
taste to avoid Alice...............

Old May 11th, 2004, 12:53 AM
J Buck

Brother-in-law encountered 2 black bear cubs while trout fishing a small
stream several springs back...they were at the top of a steep bank. He
froze, and luckily Mama never showed up. I remember him saying it was
hard to light a cigarette a few minutes later...the match wouldn't hold
still in his hands LoL

Old May 11th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Lure builder

It was fishing early in the morning and it was kind of mystical to have such an
encounter. It makes it all part of the wild fishing experience. If the animal
nipped me it would have been easy to track since it would have a smithwick
rogue on it's arse. My fishing rod was primed and loaded.
I see the following all the time: beaver, rabbits, muskrats (full size), swan,
cormanants, ground hogs, racooons etc,.
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:33 AM
J Buck

what's with the mocking? A guy sees a coyote up close 'n personal while
fishing and passes the story along. You gotta admit it was a nice change
from the endless 'which is better, spinnerbaits or crankbaits?' or
'powerpro or spiderwire?' type threads that are endlessly posted here.
Sheesh...

Old May 11th, 2004, 07:02 AM
AJH

The bozo is a long time TROLL..that's why he is "mocked"

Old May 11th, 2004, 02:59 PM
J Buck

The bozo is a long time TROLL..that's why he is "mocked"

That may very well be true, but it has no bearing on the coyote post.
There was nothing troll-like about it.