A Spinnerbait Color Selection Chart for you.

Old May 11th, 2004, 05:16 AM
Bob Rickard

Default A Spinnerbait Color Selection Chart for you.

Joe did it again! For the last two years we have been sharing with all of you a chart that assists with spinnerbait color selection. When I did that original chart it was crude and piecemeal as could be, but it was a heck of a lot better than nothing. Anyway, after fighting writer's block for many months in an effort to improve and clarify it for everyone's use (it is not brand specific), I sent an updated version to Joe to refine & add to the website with the full debut of our new line, which is far from complete. Anyway, he spents just a few short hours with it and already has it on the site in a format miles above what I sent him. I am so proud of him that I am just busting!

I want to share this with all of you, because this can be of some real use even with other type lures. We are showing here what we believe to be true, but remember that it is just a guide and will not always be correct for all situations.

The following link bypasses everything else on the site and will take you straight there. And BTW, we are sharing useful information at no cost or obligation here, so please don't start shouting Spam. If you want to copy this chart, go to http://www.secretweaponlures.com/swtip04.htm. If you aren't interested, just stay away.

Good fishing,
--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old May 11th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Chris S

Thanks Bob

--
---- Chris S ----

( replace com with net to E-mail)

Old May 11th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Henry Hefner

Bob, I appreciate the chart, all it needs now is blade type Now of
course I have a question. I understand that as water clarity lessens,
bass depend less on sight, thus you need more "thump" to help them find
your bait. Why, then, does your chart recommend a front blade be used
only in the clearest conditions?
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Henry Hefner" wrote in message
Bob, I appreciate the chart, all it needs now is blade type Now of
course I have a question. I understand that as water clarity lessens,
bass depend less on sight, thus you need more "thump" to help them find
your bait. Why, then, does your chart recommend a front blade be used
only in the clearest conditions?

The way I understand things, a tandem blade spinnerbait offers more lift and
flash, but less vibration than a single, large blade.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 11th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Bob La Londe

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam.....

Seriously, if other companies who have a product posted useful on topic information like this I doubt anybody would complain at all.

I love the idea of having good guidlines available. I agree that a little help about blade selection would be a great companion tot he color chart.

Thanks for the reource Bob.

P.S. This is the kind of thing that would be ideal for a Press Release or fishing tips post in Ask The Pros at Secret Weapon Lures.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com

Old May 11th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Rob Storm

Thanks Bob -- I really appreciate yours and Joe's efforts on this.

Family, Friends, Fishing,
Rob Storm
http://stormsrestaurants.com
Old May 11th, 2004, 03:50 PM
pat gustafson

Bob Rickard wrote:

[...]

www.secretweaponlures.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com
--------------------------=x O')))

GREAT CHART! Thanks to the both of you.

pat

Old May 11th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Fritz Nordengren

Great stuff guys. I remember when I first started fishing 4 years ago
how frustrating it was to pick up a lure of some kind -- and there would
be no instructions or tips as to when to use it or why it was better or
different that another lure.

More mfgs need to include stuff like this in their packaging!

Old May 11th, 2004, 11:53 PM
RichZ

Henry wrote:
Why, then, does your chart recommend a front blade be used
only in the clearest conditions?

A single ALWAYS produces more vibration than a tandem. The front blade on a
tandem dampens the vibration of the rear blade. Bob's SW lures don't suffer
from this as much as a traditional spinnerbait design, but it is still a
factor.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing