Fly Fishing in Florida

Old January 21st, 2006, 12:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Fly Fishing in Florida

I would like to try some fly fishing in Florida around the Fort
Lauderdale area. I have read in FF that there are peacock bass in the
canals and since this is fresh water that a fresh water license is
required. I would also like to fish in the intercoastal waterway, but
with a fresh water license I must fish only for fresh water species in
the waterway. Can someone tell me what freshwater species are in the
waterway, if any, and what type of flies would be effective?
Old January 21st, 2006, 02:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:37:15 GMT, (Tony & Barb
Vellturo) wrote:

I would like to try some fly fishing in Florida around the Fort
Lauderdale area. I have read in FF that there are peacock bass in the
canals and since this is fresh water that a fresh water license is
required. I would also like to fish in the intercoastal waterway, but
with a fresh water license I must fish only for fresh water species in
the waterway.

Can someone tell me what freshwater species are in the
waterway, if any, and what type of flies would be effective?

Yes, several someones can and have done so, in what has become a rather
annoying number of times:

http://groups.google.com/

If you have any remaining questions _after a fairly thorough digging
about_, feel free to ask them.

Conversely, given that he, she or they are free to ask whatever pleases him,
her or them, he, she or they may justifiably FEEL free to do so with or
without any digging.

By the same token, should you ever discover that you have something to say,
you are free to do so. It follows, quite naturally, that you may feel so.

Hope this helps......dick.

Wolfgang

Old January 21st, 2006, 03:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:58:51 -0600, "Wolfgang" wrote:

And just who among us would have risked even a dull old penny betting
that he wouldn't...

....and ya know, the same thing applies:

Old January 21st, 2006, 04:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Vellturo) wrote:

[...]

Say, I've recently noticed that you've stopped referring to yourself as
"dick".....dicklet. What's up with that?

Wolfgang

Old January 21st, 2006, 09:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

In article ,
says...
Say, I've recently noticed that you've stopped referring to yourself as
"dick".....dicklet. What's up with that?

The eagles got hungry?

Kevin
--
reply to:
kevin dot vang at minotstatu dot edu
Old January 21st, 2006, 10:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Kevin Vang" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...
Say, I've recently noticed that you've stopped referring to yourself as
"dick".....dicklet. What's up with that?

The eagles got hungry?

The implicit testimonial evidence provided by the presumed owner of their
former perch notwithstanding, I got a shiny new nickel says they still are.

Wolfgang

Old January 23rd, 2006, 12:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

With all the "ink" spilt in this thread you'd think just the names of
a couple of fish and a couple of flies would have taken less time and
effort. Disappointed in the response to a simple question!!

Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Tony & Barb Vellturo" wrote in message
With all the "ink" spilt in this thread you'd think just the names of
a couple of fish and a couple of flies would have taken less time and
effort. Disappointed in the response to a simple question!!

bass. bream. black poppers.

now go buy another copy of "ff" and leave us the hell alone.