Which fly line to get?

Old November 28th, 2007, 12:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
gary3594

Default Which fly line to get?

I am just starting to fly fish sal****er. I finished a trip to Florida
where I used a floating bonefish line by SA. Now I want to start
fishing up north in New Jersey's backwater in relatively shallow waters
such as Barnegat and Raritan Bay.

(1) If I was to get one line, would I need a sinking tip or completely
sinking line? How fast would it need to sink? (slow, intermediate or
fast)
(2) Could I use this line to surf fish as well or would I need a
completely different line type?
(3) to make things simpler, is there a specific brand and model that
you could recommend?

--
gary3594
Old November 28th, 2007, 02:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Ray or Bobbi Adams

When i lived in Jersey, south and fished the back bays, etc., used a 8 salt
water taper floating, using popers, stramers, for trout, snapper blue and
big blue in spring when spawning in the shallows. As far as using that in
the surf, dream on.