Carp Fishing?

Old January 30th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Advocated

Default Carp Fishing?

Just wondering, Who fishes for carp in the uk here?

Cheers

Old January 30th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Baal

Carp fishermen, perhaps?

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

news

Old January 30th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Bob

I do two or three days a week.

Bob

news

Old January 30th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Advocated

cool, where abouts do you go?

Old January 31st, 2004, 07:40 PM
Zoe

I do. The best course fish IMO!

Where are you?

news

Old January 31st, 2004, 09:30 PM
Hoot!!!

Most people will fish for carp, lots of puddles with pastie carp
and the pools with the big fish in are all sindicate (sorry cant spell)
I like to catch barbel and catfish (more fun)

Old January 31st, 2004, 10:08 PM
Phil L

Hoot!!! wrote:
: Most people will fish for carp, lots of puddles with pastie carp
: and the pools with the big fish in are all sindicate (sorry cant
: spell) I like to catch barbel and catfish (more fun)

The bigger carp arent always in syndicate waters, there's many day ticket
fisheries with carp over 40lbs....that said i dont think it's that
important, sure I'd like to catch a big fish, but it's not imperative to my
days enjoyment, on the contrary, some of the best fishing I've ever
experienced has involved fish no bigger than 7 -8lbs, mostly carp but plenty
of hard fighting barbel too.
A grand day in the height of summer with rod, reel and hook, no other
tackle, just a landing net and a pocketful of Hovis and floating fishmeal
pellets...Ah!!..bliss!

( I could have gone to a fishery holding much bigger fish, but that had the
risk of blanking - I just wanted to catch fish.)

Old February 1st, 2004, 11:33 AM
Bob

All over the place, I am a ticket holder at Langholme Carp Society ( at
least when I get this years ticket returned), Pride of Derby (gravel pits
and the Trent, Derby Railway (gravel pits and the Trent), Derby County
Anglers (gravel pits and the Trent). I do three trips a year to the Ebro
(my cousin lives close by) plus visits to other places when I can get
tickets. I don't fish commercials as I like the challenge.

I do other fishing as well, barbel, general course stuff but my first love
is carp. I also do some sea fishing from time to time mostly in winter when
I fish with a mate from Newcastle.

I took early retirement last year after 30 years in the IT business and I
have never enjoyed myself so much. The problem is that at teh moment my
wife is very ill so these trips are curtailed but I will be back.

I tend to fish alone because I have not yet met anyone who can spare the
time to fish as much as I do.

Bob

"Advocated" wrote in message
cool, where abouts do you go?

Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:50 PM
Zoe

Catfish. Now there's a different type of fish.

What's it like hooking one of these ugly monsters?