Penn's Clave 2009

Old January 4th, 2009, 02:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default Penn's Clave 2009

First official announcement.......

This year's clave dates are(approximately) May 23-30.
Thus, we are starting on Memorial Day weekend, and blundering on through the
week after. I spoke with Rudy
yesterday and he informed me that pretty much all lodging is available from
Monday, the 25th through the following weekend. There are, however, only a
couple small cabins available on the first Saturday and Sunday nights. I
think that Bruce Fisher may be able to provide good lodging, at a fair
price, throughout the period in question. Still, if you are considering it,
this clave is being held right at Green Drake prime time, so book your
lodging as early as possible. If you have any questions, need assistance in
any fashion or just want fly tying suggestions, feel free to email me, and
I'll be glad to help.
Tom

Old January 4th, 2009, 04:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

On Jan 4, 8:36*am, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
[...]

Is the top bunk available?
Frank Reid
Have earplugs, will travel.
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Frank Reid © 2008" wrote in message
Is the top bunk available?
Frank Reid
Have earplugs, will travel.

of course.....still, you may wish to bring your future son-in-law, and camp
in the meadowg
Tom

Old January 4th, 2009, 06:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 14:36:39 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

First official announcement.......

This year's clave dates are(approximately) May 23-30.
Thus, we are starting on Memorial Day weekend, and blundering on through the
week after. I spoke with Rudy
yesterday and he informed me that pretty much all lodging is available from
Monday, the 25th through the following weekend. There are, however, only a
couple small cabins available on the first Saturday and Sunday nights. I
think that Bruce Fisher may be able to provide good lodging, at a fair
price, throughout the period in question. Still, if you are considering it,
this clave is being held right at Green Drake prime time, so book your
lodging as early as possible. If you have any questions, need assistance in
any fashion or just want fly tying suggestions, feel free to email me, and
I'll be glad to help.
Tom

Hey, this is a fly fishing forum. What the hell are ya doing posting
fly fishing stuff?

Wish I could make it, Tom, but that is prime time on the Rapid.
Henricksons, March Browns, then Caddis. I'd like to get down to Penns
sometime this year. Any suggestions?

Old January 4th, 2009, 08:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

Is the top bunk available?
Frank Reid
Have earplugs, will travel.

of course.....still, you may wish to bring your future son-in-law, and camp
in the meadowg

I don't go outside when the Handyman is snoring. Draws too many
sharks.
Frank Reid

Old January 4th, 2009, 09:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
Wish I could make it, Tom, but that is prime time on the Rapid.
Henricksons, March Browns, then Caddis.

IMHO, it doesn't get any more 'prime' than Coffin Flies at nightfall, but
YMMV.

I'd like to get down to Penns
sometime this year. Any suggestions?

Late April is Grannom time, and if you have never seen that spectacle, you
should catch it. Many writers have described it as the heaviest caddis hatch
on the planet, but it can be exasperating. Another interesting option is
late-season, say from Mid-October through Mid-November.
Big streamers for Big Browns. Think Petah Charles style fishing.
Tom

Old January 5th, 2009, 06:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message
First official announcement.......

This year's clave dates are(approximately) May 23-30.
Thus, we are starting on Memorial Day weekend, and blundering on through
the week after. I spoke with Rudy
yesterday and he informed me that pretty much all lodging is available
from Monday, the 25th through the following weekend. There are, however,
only a couple small cabins available on the first Saturday and Sunday
nights. I think that Bruce Fisher may be able to provide good lodging, at
a fair price, throughout the period in question. Still, if you are
considering it, this clave is being held right at Green Drake prime time,
so book your lodging as early as possible. If you have any questions, need
assistance in any fashion or just want fly tying suggestions, feel free to
email me, and I'll be glad to help.
Tom

Is there a non-smoking, non-snoring, non-drinking cabin available?

john

Old January 5th, 2009, 10:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"asadi" wrote in message
Is there a non-smoking, non-snoring, non-drinking cabin available?

you can check with Rudy at the campground....but, what fun would that sort
of cabin be?
Tom

Old January 5th, 2009, 02:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , asadi
writes

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

So farting is permissible eh?
--
Bill Grey

Old January 5th, 2009, 10:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
news
So farting is permissible eh?
--
Bill Grey

If Reid cooks, it's damned near unavoidable......
Tom