ff in Cuba

Old December 31st, 2008, 12:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

Default ff in Cuba

On Dec 30, 4:12*pm, Dave LaCourse wrote:
Snip
I draw on my example of the Great White Peacemaker of the West, Sir
David Chamberlain Snedeker: *Snip

Dave your silly name calling is getting more and more beyond the pale.
Yep I am a progressive in my politics. And You, lad are a right
winger. Your Chamberlain business is historically inconsistent. In the
1930s people with your politics were goosestepping around New England
in Silvershirts, acquiring mild German accents and harassing Jews,
while saluting Father Coughlan, and advocating tolerance of Hitler and
Il Duce and his Blackshirts.

People with my politics and many leftists were already fighting in
Spain against the Nazis and Fascists on the Ebro River Front with the
Abraham Lincoln Brigade of American volunteers. Non Pasaron.

It took Joe McCarthy and his name-callers to make America forget after
the War that many Right-wingers of that era were Fascists and Nazi
sympathisers. As a few are to this day.

You need to read a little history boy.

Old December 31st, 2008, 01:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Lazarus Cooke

Incidentally, Dave, I note that you haven't addressed any of the facts.

Like the West Bank, the Gaza Strip has been illegally occupied by
Israel since 1967. Israel has complete control by sea, air and land.
Since Hamas won the Palestinian elections in 2006, Israel has kept up a
blockade of essential supplies.

The Palestinians, like any occupied people, have a legal right of
resistance (whether they choose to exercise it or not).

But there is no right of defence for an illegal occupation - there is
an obligation to withdraw comprehensively.

During the last seven years, 20 Israelis have been killed by mostly
homemade rockets fired from the Gaza Strip, while more than 5,000
Palestinians have been killed by Israel with some of the most advanced
US-supplied armaments in the world.

One side is the illegal occupier.

The other is the occupied, who have a legal right of resistance.

So don't come on with that 'right to defend themselves' nonsense.

Israel has no more right to 'defend itself' against the Palestinians
than the Nazis had to defend themselves against the Poles, Czechs and
French whose territory they had invaded.

Lazarus
(who, unlike most Roffians, has seen what smashed-up children look
like, and doesn't like it)
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Dec 30, 4:26*pm, Dave LaCourse wrote:

Snip
enemy. *Why? *I have no idea. *But your anti-Israeli bent has been
obvious for many years. *

Dave, RWC

Well I guess you still haven't read the Israeli newspaper cite I gave
you. Or much else apparently.
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Dec 30, 5:04*pm, Lazarus Cooke
wrote:
SNIP
Lazarus
(who, unlike most Roffians, has seen what smashed-up children look
like, and doesn't like it)

Lazarus, no we don't look at that stuff. Most Americans cannot even
grasp the fact that American supplied and rush shipped cluster bombs
were dropped all over Southern Lebanon after the IDF retreat. Hundreds
of thousands of bomb-lets, manufactured to look like colorful little
toys, lethal for years and efficiently creating a generation of ripped
and maimed Lebanese children and bitter parents. No tactical purpose
whatsoever, other than to cover up IDF leadership bungling. I would
bet money that the Israeli public did not support this war crime. We
should not be giving these weapons to anybody for use against
civilians. It is barbaric.

Old December 31st, 2008, 02:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:52:36 -0800 (PST), DaveS
wrote:

In the
1930s people with your politics were goosestepping around New England
in Silvershirts, acquiring mild German accents and harassing Jews,
while saluting Father Coughlan, and advocating tolerance of Hitler and
Il Duce and his Blackshirts.

Perhaps so, but do not include me or my family with them. We were
Roosevelt Democrats. My first vote in an election was 1960, and JFK
received that vote. I was brought up as a liberal Democrat, and I
loathe Hitler, Il Duce, and everything they stand for. I feel the
same way about communists. Of course that is where you and I differ.
I consider myself a liberal when it comes to humane things and put my
money where my mouth is as far as that is concerned. I am first and
foremost an American, and anything that would harm that is not allowed
in my way of thinking. That most definitely includes Hamas and Iran.
They are my (and how ironic, YOUR) enemies.

I am a conservative when it comes to government providing everything
for everyone. People should work to receive money from the
government. If some people have to take a drug test to work, then
those that receive the government dole should also be required to pass
a drug test. I daily see people high on some kind of **** receiving
food stamps and selling them for 25 cents on the dollar. These same
people show up at the food pantry in new cars to receive their free
food. They haven't worked a day in their miserable lives, but are
happy to live on you and me and whatever aid they can get.

People should get pay raises because of their merit, not because they
pay a union boss to get them. I do not believe in unions - my father
taught me well on that one, being a Teamster for many decades and
seeing his dues go to gangsters.

I think that the present ******** economy is mostly caused by greed
and the idiotic dreams of Democrats to allow a person making $30k/year
to own a $400K home. Barney and Chris knew what was happening and did
nothing to prevent it. And wasn't it convenient how it "appeared"
right at a crucial time in the presidential campaign?

Drink your liberal koolaid, David, and if you believe in God, any god,
pray to him or her that you are never the recipient of a Hamas
humanitarian "reward". You know, the kind that goes "boom" in the
living room of your cottage or farmhouse in Bainbridge or Whidbey
Island.

I may not be as well educated as you, David, but I sure as hell am
more of a realist. I *know* what can and can not hurt me. Your
liberal anti-Israeli bent will get people killed. It already has.
You would kiss the feet of Ahmadinejad before you would support Israel
in *anything* she attempts. The only ideology that kills and sucks is
YOUR ideology, David, the one tainted with all the poisonous liberal
koolaid you have ingested.

Dave, RWC

Old December 31st, 2008, 02:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:16:36 -0800 (PST), DaveS
wrote:

Well I guess you still haven't read the Israeli newspaper cite I gave
you. Or much else apparently.

Surprise, surprise, David. I read it. It's a liberal rag, just like
the NYT. So what? You still haven't explained to me what you would
do if Hamas targeted your little secure white ass home with their
missles/mortars.

Dave, RWC

Old December 31st, 2008, 03:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 00:47:20 +0000, Lazarus Cooke
wrote:

Who won in the end?

Well, I have an opinion only on VN. We lost that war because of
politics. And, I'm betting that the other wars were "lost" because of
politics.

Dave, RWC

Old December 31st, 2008, 03:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:04:20 +0000, Lazarus Cooke
wrote:

Since Hamas won the Palestinian elections in 2006, Israel has kept up a
blockade of essential supplies.

All supplies *except* mortar rounds and missles.

Go Israel.

Dave, RWC

Old December 31st, 2008, 03:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 20:34:30 -0800 (PST), DaveS
wrote:

On Dec 29, 3:56*pm, Dave LaCourse wrote:
Bizarre anology snipped

Over the years, David, I have noticed an anti-Jew bend to your
idealogy. *Why is that?

Probably due to torture at the hands of Mormons...*

Dave

It is because you have a serious learning disability David. Most
people wear their head OUTSIDE their anus. Someone should have told
you about that sooner, much sooner.

And you'd think someone so intimately familiar with anal-cranial spatial
relations would be able to spell "analogy"...and actually, it's not so
bizarre...well, unless you take into account the fact that two groups to
which he refers are primarily a bunch of pussies...

David? Have you ever seen a war you didn't like? You must think you
are a better and more patriotic Israeli than the Israelis who have
condemed the attacks on the Gaza civilians, as the link to the Haaretz
newspaper I provided show. Try reading the Israeli newspapers and see
why some Israelis are calling this another Omert screwup, and a war
crime.

Oh, there's always pacifist pussies calling every war/action "immoral,"
but that doesn't change the fact that Hamas started this one, so ****
'em. It's pretty hard to get too worked up when the person who started
the fight gets their ass handed back in a bag. And citing someone like
Gideon Levy isn't actually saying much about where the overall Israeli
sentiment is on this.

David Snedeker
(My bet he will start calling these Israelis anti-semites, for
speaking out against an atrocity)

My bet is that guys like you, Lazarus, and Joe don't have a friggin'
clue as to what you are blathering about, and Louie would be curled up
in his Simms G112 1/2s asking for his mommy if he were on either side of
a real shooting war.

And there you are,
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Dave LaCourse wrote:

Haven't listen to Limbaugh in more than a year. Didn't realize you
could do that with the secret messages. Cool!

It's time to start planning a glorious Winter sal****er ff trip!

http://tinyurl.com/a6qfsb