OT MS wmv problem

Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?[_2_]

Default OT MS wmv problem

Hey, I know it's off topic, but I'm having a problem with windows
media player.

When I try to view wmv files sent to me by various people I get the
following message,

Wmp.dll 11.0.5721 was found where 11.0.5721.5260 was expected. It
then tells me wmv is not installed correctly and asks if I want to go
to MS site and download wmv. I have done this multiple times to no
avail. It does not help.
Researched the ms site and the web and found ms knows about it so
download this "patch"…doesn't make any difference. I either need to
find out how to fix this or get rid of ms wmv and use something that
actually works.

Any ideas?
Take it to email if you would so as to not offend the natives/or not.

Thanks

remember to remove the X for email reply.
---

Dan TOASTY in Florida for now

Remove the X for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
N9JBF 1997 HD FXDS

Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?[_2_]

Default OT MS wmv problem Now solved

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 18:07:01 -0400, What me worry?
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park then
wrote:

[...]

Thanks go to Joe Zellmer!