Attention Evinrude E-Tec Owners!

Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

Default Attention Evinrude E-Tec Owners!

I just found this out, the U.S. Coast Guard has issued a safety
bulletin/product recall on certain Evinrude E-Tec outboards.

According to the bulletin, the models affected a

2008-2010 40 - 65 hp

And

2008 - 2010 75 - 90 hp

Evidently the vapor separator may not vent fuel vapors properly due to
corrosion of the needle valve. This may result in a fuel leak leading to
fire and/or explosion!

If you own, or know anyone that owns any of the above Evinrude E-Tec
outboards, I would suggest that you contact your dealer IMMEDIATELY!

--
Steve Huber
Executive Producer/Editor in Chief

Old September 24th, 2009, 02:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_2_]

Got a cite or reference for that Steve? I like to copy info like that to my
forums for FBO of other boaters.

Old September 25th, 2009, 03:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe_Z

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message
I just found this out, the U.S. Coast Guard has issued a safety
bulletin/product recall on certain Evinrude E-Tec outboards.

According to the bulletin, the models affected a

2008-2010 40 - 65 hp

And

2008 - 2010 75 - 90 hp

Evidently the vapor separator may not vent fuel vapors properly due to
corrosion of the needle valve. This may result in a fuel leak leading to
fire and/or explosion!

If you own, or know anyone that owns any of the above Evinrude E-Tec
outboards, I would suggest that you contact your dealer IMMEDIATELY!

--
Steve Huber
Executive Producer/Editor in Chief
OutdoorFrontiers Multi-Media LLC
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Well thankfully (??) my 75hp E-Tec is a 2005. One of those with the faulty
power head which blew on my first extended outing on the Missouri spring
2006 with my wife. Thankfully we were towed 25 miles back to the access by
Monty Fralick father of Jami of the Elite Series. Good thing my wife had her
bikini on or he might not have seen us! Cabelas called Bombardier and they
overnighted a new power head under warrantee at their expense even though I
was not in a big rush. It has been bullet proof ever since. Joe Z

Old September 25th, 2009, 03:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Joe_Z" wrote in message SNIP

Well thankfully (??) my 75hp E-Tec is a 2005. One of those with the faulty
power head which blew on my first extended outing on the Missouri spring
2006 with my wife. Thankfully we were towed 25 miles back to the access by
Monty Fralick father of Jami of the Elite Series. Good thing my wife had
her bikini on or he might not have seen us! Cabelas called Bombardier and
they overnighted a new power head under warrantee at their expense even
though I was not in a big rush. It has been bullet proof ever since. Joe Z

I love to hear stories of good customer service. It seems lately, the
opposite is heard more often!