2010 Our Lady of the Lake CMN Bass Tournament

Old March 14th, 2010, 05:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Licker

Default 2010 Our Lady of the Lake CMN Bass Tournament

Well folks,

The tournament was another successful year. In fact this was a record
breaking year. We had a total of 181 boats register by the Thursday before
the tournament. We picked up two late entries on the day of the tournament
for a total of 183 boats.

Fishing conditions was berry tough as the area seen rain on and off for the
last several weeks with strong winds to below water out of many fishing
areas. The water was very muddy in almost all fishing areas. This past
week it rained from Monday to Wednesday afternoon. Besides having to fight
tough water conditions the day of the tournament, the winds was a major
obstacle. Winds was blowing around 25 to 30 MPH all day.

In our tournament, we allow our fishermen to fish anywhere the like. We
have 5 check in locations spread throughout the area which allows our
fishermen to fish well over 150 mile radius from our check in. Being
Southern Louisiana this offers the fishing team lots of choices to choose
from.

Over 1200 lbs of bass were caught and the fish were all released back to
Blind River were the weigh in occurs. Blind River is over 26 miles so the
fish are placed in a holding tank and released throughout the river as to
repopulate different areas. There was a big fish kill a few years back on
this waterway after a hurricane depleted the oxygen level when the waters
got churned.
Five fish limit

The 1st place was $5000 and was won with a total weight of 19.98 lbs
Second Place was $2500 and was won with a total weight of 19.96 lbs
Third place was a $1250 and won with a total weight of 15.78 lbs

Stratus boating donated a boat and Ascension Marine donated a trailer and
motor. One team was guarantee to win by drawing boat numbers out of those
that returned to the weigh in. There was also a no bass pot if registered
for it and also heaviest bass pot you could register for.

At the weigh in location there was a jambalaya cooking contest and pastalya
cooking contest. After judging by local chefs and news media folks, the
food is then sold. Hamburgers and hot dogs are donate by a local company
and sold. Coke donates the drinks to be sold and Budweiser donates all beer
that is sold. The St James Boat Club donates the building and grounds for
the tournament and the local Sheriff's office donates there services helping
with parking and traffic control.

Over 1000 people showed up for the weigh in. The MC is a done by The
Advocate newspaper outdoor writer Joe Macaluso and local chef and outdoor TV
show producer, Chef KD.

We raised well over a 100 grand this year from donations, registration fees,
food and beer sales, T shirt sales, kids games, calcutta at the fisherman
meeting, and auction at the fisherman's meeting.

Would like to thank Shell, Motiva, USW Local 750, Stratus Boats, Ascension
Marine, La Logging Council, Coke, Budweiser and the local Wal-Mart. Besides
supporting just the tournament, La Logging Council members, each donate a
truck load of logs each month to the CMN which raises well over 100 K for
the year and the Local Wal-Mart raises well over 75 K through employee
donations and sweet sales through out the year.

Were are already planning for next year.

Sarge