Bass fishing in Aberdovey, Wales?

Old July 4th, 2010, 01:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,uk.rec.fishing.sea
Jason[_2_]

Default Bass fishing in Aberdovey, Wales?

I have just been given a sea fishing reel & rod, although I've only been
sea fishing a couple of times I would really like to become more
proficient. My friend has suggested a fishing trip to Aberdovey in the next
few weeks so I'd like to know any tips about sea fishing there? Also I'd
love to catch a Sea Bass so if anyone can give specific advice about Sea
Bass fishing in Aberdovey (such as the best baits & lures to use) I would
be really grateful.

Regards, Jason
Old July 5th, 2010, 12:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek Moody

In article , Jason
k wrote:

love to catch a Sea Bass so if anyone can give specific advice about Sea
Bass fishing in Aberdovey (such as the best baits & lures to use) I would
be really grateful.

All the usual baits and lures will work I expect. The big secrets are
location and timing. The timing part is easy: go at first light. Aim to be
there about when the larks are groping for the off switch on the alarm.
Expect fish from about the time that you can just see the lure splash - go
home once the sun is up.

Dusk can be good too but it's harder to find an undisturbed section of beach
at this time of year.

Aim to explore the area, try different venues over a few tides and patterns
will beging to emerge. Location is a matter of knowing (finding out) which
venues to fish on which tides.

Have fun. Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old July 5th, 2010, 06:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,uk.rec.fishing.sea
Jason[_2_]

Derek Moody wrote in
:

In article , Jason
k wrote:

love to catch a Sea Bass so if anyone can give specific advice about
Sea Bass fishing in Aberdovey (such as the best baits & lures to use)
I would be really grateful.

All the usual baits and lures will work I expect. The big secrets are
location and timing. The timing part is easy: go at first light. Aim
to be there about when the larks are groping for the off switch on the
alarm. Expect fish from about the time that you can just see the lure
splash - go home once the sun is up.

Dusk can be good too but it's harder to find an undisturbed section of
beach at this time of year.

Aim to explore the area, try different venues over a few tides and
patterns will beging to emerge. Location is a matter of knowing
(finding out) which venues to fish on which tides.

Have fun. Cheerio,

Thanks for that advice Derek.
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:53 AM
ronnyblak ronnyblak is offline
Junior Member

The basics of bass fishing are simple - and all accomplished fishermen will acquaint you that. Start from analytical the fishing conditions, don't be shy to ask for admonition from those anglers that apperceive the amnion you wish to angle in and activate a aching balloon and absurdity action of award the best lures and bass-fishing techniques that would be best-fitted to the bearings and waters.