day 2

Old April 8th, 2011, 04:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default day 2

Tuesday - April 5, 2011 - day 23

Day 2

Sun was out and it was cold by daylight. Wind was bad and predicted
to get worse. My partner for today called and said they had two boats
stuck a the cabin they rented and he was running late. I put the boat
in and waited. Not long before we were supposed to take off I called
and they had put in the boat but forgot the plug and it was sinking.
He had gone back to get the trailer but another guy launching let his
partner put the Ranger on his trailer and they drained it. My
partner got to the dock and in my boat with minutes to spare before
take off.

Since everything reversed I was the 40th boat out in the first flight.
We ran straight to the back of the creek where I had fished yesterday
and within a few minutes got a 4 pounder on the chatter bait. That
put me in a good mood.

At 10:30 we had not had another hit. Hated to leave since a couple of
boats had tried to come in on us but had to go hit the riprap where I
had caught a good keeper on Sunday. We worked it for an hour but no
hits.

Back in the little creek I got a keeper almost as soon as we got there
- two keepers but we had to be in at 2 pm today. A few minutes later
I hooked a good 2 pound fish and fought it to the boat. It was on top
of the water right beside the boat but before my partner netted it it
came off. I said that one was gonna hurt, just did not know how bad.
My partner got a good keeper, then a 4.96 pounder, then I got my third
keeper. We worked the area hard till 1:30, leaving only ten extra
minutes to get in, and I got one more keeper. Only four for the day.

Running in I saw the bridge we had to go under but realized it was
the wrong bridge, back in a main creek. We still made it in with ten
minutes to spare, guess I ran faster.

I had four at 8.19 and my partners two weighed over seven together.
The big one was big fish through two flights but in the last flight on
just under 8 was weighed in.

I ended up with 19.95 with bonus ounces for live fish and finished
17th. 12th place, making the state team, took 20.75 - that two
pounder kept me off the team and really hurt! Took 26.05 to win.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old April 10th, 2011, 01:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
danl

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 08:36:07 -0700 (PDT), Ronnie
wrote:

[...]

Sounds like ya fished it hard Ronnie. Course I know you always do! To
bad that two came off.

Dan
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_5_]

On 4/8/2011 8:36 AM, Ronnie wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a very respectable effort.
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_4_]

"Ronnie" wrote in message
Tuesday - April 5, 2011 - day 23

I ended up with 19.95 with bonus ounces for live fish and finished

I missed this the first time I read your post. Bonus ounces for live fish?
Is that a local or regional thing?

Around here people are expected to bring in live healthy fish every time and
are penalized for every dead fish. Most of the local tournament directors
will also demand to know that repairs have been made an steps have been
taken to correct if an angler repeatedly brings in dead fish.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old April 18th, 2011, 05:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I guess bonus ounces for live fish or penalty for dead fish both do
about the same thing.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com