day 2

Old April 21st, 2011, 05:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default day 2

Thursday - April 14, 2011 - day 27

Water came up another three feet or so overnight - 8 feet in three
days!

Partner today was from South Carolina. He had six pounds yesterday and
said he wanted to go to a place he had not practiced but looked good.
We ran to an area with shallow points and coves with lots of button
bushes and willows in the water. Started pitching jig to the edge of
the visible bushes and working out to hit deeper bushes - the ones
that had been on the edge of the lake three days ago.

We fished the same baits an I caught as many fish as he did - but he
had six keepers to my one! No idea the difference - he did not front
end me and I had just as good places to fish as he did. His five best
weighed just under 13 pounds, mine weighed 2.5. Frustrating day but
at least I caught fish.

One guy on the GA team had four weighing 15 pounds to take the team
lead. He had zeroed the first day but stuck with it and caught keepers
today.

Our team still in last place! There were two 20 pound sacks weighed in
today.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old April 21st, 2011, 05:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

not sure why this posted to old thread, guess it was same title.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_5_]

On 4/21/2011 9:43 AM, Ronnie wrote:
not sure why this posted to old thread, guess it was same title.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

I think it depends on the news reader. Using Live it came out under the
same thread as that older one, but on Thunderbird it came out as a
separate thread.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

To show how bad my luck was, I was to cook for the four of us in the
cabin today, Thursday. I put nine pounds of country style ribs in a
crock pot at 5 am and set it to cook ten hours - be ready about when
we came in. Planned on having some left to take to eat Saturday night
at Clark's Hill.

When I came in at 4 and opened the door my heart sank - no rib smell.
The crock pot was turned off and cool the ribs had not cooked at all.
Got mad, figured the cabin clean up crew had somehow turned it off,
then noticed the clock on the microwave and oven were both flashing.
Found out the power had gone out about 20 minutes after I set the
crock pot and left.

I volunteered to buy everyone dinner at the lodge but they would not
let me - did cook the ribs all night and JJ ate some Friday as I was
leaving. Before I ate any Saturday night I checked with him a couple
of time to make sure he did not get sick!

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com