jackson lake december tournament

Old December 11th, 2011, 01:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default jackson lake december tournament

Sunday - December 4, 2011 - day 83

Flint River Tournament
partly cloudy, water 56 degrees, slight breeze
17 fishermen

The first three places I wanted to fish had boats on them - several
other tournaments started before we did. I fished a few places
without any hits then went to the point where Bryan and I had caught
two. Fish and bait were all over it and I got two bumps on a crankbait
and two more on a jig and pig without hooking anything.

Started throwing the drop shot rig - fish were in 14 feet of water but
would not hit directly under the boat in the clear water. When I cast
it I got three small keeper spots and three more too short to weigh
in.

Stayed there over an hour. When the fish quit biting I went to a point
across the river and started around it with a crankbait. Noticed
something out under the boat on my depthfinder as I went over it.
Turned and threw a jig and pig behind the boat and got a 2.5 pound
largemouth. Next cast I caught a short spot. That was it even though I
made many casts there.

Fished several more places but with no more hits.

I placed 3rd with four weighing 5.23. Winner had four weighing 10.5,
second had only limit weighing 5.50.

Tough day for all of us.

Ronnie

http/::fishing.about.com