Youngster's First Outfit ?

Old June 27th, 2012, 01:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob[_4_]

Default Youngster's First Outfit ?

Hi,

For a Youngster's fist fishing outfit, which would be "better" and
easier for him regarding a bait casting reel:

The enclosed type like the Zebco's with the button/lever, or the
conventional where the thumb is used directly on the line in
the reel ? Why ?

Baitcasting outfit easier at this stage than a spinning outfit ?

Or, are some spinning outfits actually easier than a baitcasting rig for
a youngster these days, and I just haven't kept up with the technology ?

What do you experts think ?

Thanks,
Bob

Old June 27th, 2012, 06:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
geoff

I'd recommend the enclosed face spinning reel such as Zebco for the ease of
use. They need to catch a few fish before they start worrying about
backlashes.

Old June 27th, 2012, 09:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:04:32 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hi,

For a Youngster's fist fishing outfit, which would be "better" and
easier for him regarding a bait casting reel:

The enclosed type like the Zebco's with the button/lever, or the
conventional where the thumb is used directly on the line in
the reel ? Why ?

Baitcasting outfit easier at this stage than a spinning outfit ?

Or, are some spinning outfits actually easier than a baitcasting rig for
a youngster these days, and I just haven't kept up with the technology ?

What do you experts think ?

Thanks,
Bob

How old is the kid???
Old June 27th, 2012, 11:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_2_]

"Bob" wrote in message
Hi,

For a Youngster's fist fishing outfit, which would be "better" and easier
for him regarding a bait casting reel:

The enclosed type like the Zebco's with the button/lever, or the
conventional where the thumb is used directly on the line in
the reel ? Why ?

Baitcasting outfit easier at this stage than a spinning outfit ?

Or, are some spinning outfits actually easier than a baitcasting rig for a
youngster these days, and I just haven't kept up with the technology ?

What do you experts think ?

Thanks,
Bob

An expert I am not. I do have a couple spincasters to hand to certain types
of newbies for "flipping/pitching." I tried to start my kids on them, but
they took to regular spinning tackle much easier.