anyone else had a problem with raymarine

Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:12 AM
Robert Migliorelli

Default anyone else had a problem with raymarine

just wanted to let people know of my experience with raymarine. I owned a
raytheon L365 fishfinder which was 4 years old and 3 weeks ago the screen
went blank so I wrote to raymarine in the states and was told that the
product was unserviceable as they don't keep spare parts for their products
and told me to contact oceantalk in NSW. When I contacted them they told me
to send the finder to them for evaluation and I did. I then get a call from
oceantalk and they tell me that the finder has water in it due to a faulty
seal and I need to purchase a new sounder as they cant fix it because they
don't stock parts. I then reminded them that their product states that its a
water proof unit tested to U.S coastguard standards, how could this be and I
was told to get back in contact with the U.S. So I contact raymarine and
they tell me they cant help me and that I keep in contact with oceantalk.
The outcome of the story was $90 off a new unit to which I expressed how the
raymarine product would look good shoved up their backsides. We are now
looking at a navman or humminbird. Has anyone had any similar problems with
these two brands?

Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:07 AM
Mil80C

"Robert Migliorelli" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Rob, I have a NAVMAN GPS Chartplotter and about 36 months after I fitted
it the outer glass screen cracked. The warranty was for two years so NAVMAN
took it back (in Sydney) and replaced the screen under the warranty. They
then also replaced a faulty switch and provided a software update and free
service and I had it back inside two weeks even though I live in Queensland.
I couldn't be happier with them.

Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:21 PM
Ray Tate

I've had a Navman 5500 coulor chart plotter for a little over three years,
great bit of gear, no problems, acurate to about 2 metres.
Ray