Any one from Jersey?

Old January 25th, 2006, 12:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Any one from Jersey?

I was just curious, is any one here from New Jersey? I'm in monmouth
County

Old January 25th, 2006, 08:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

CTC wrote:
I was just curious, is any one here from New Jersey? I'm in monmouth
County

I am still living in Bergen County in northern New Jersey. There are
plenty of small mouths in Delaware River hiding around rocks in the
river bed. Unfortunately, Delaware River is quite far away from where
I live.

I used to fish in Lake Oradel (a reservoir). It is a great place to
fish for carp, and I know for a fact that it has _big_ fish (probably
big carps). Fishing for bass in this lake is kind of hard because
there is limited structure near the shore (and no boating). But after
September-11, we no longer have access to the reservoir; even in the
year when the reservoir was re-opened, the access to the reservoir was
quite difficult.

If I want to fish in freshwater, I probably need to go to some small
lakes in Passic County that is west of Bergen County.

You probably have much better luck in where you live in term of
fishing.

Jay Chan

Old January 26th, 2006, 03:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Sitting here in Somerset County. Plenty of good bass fishing around. Of course, being the Southern wuss that I am, I do not venture out much during this time of the year.....brrrrrrrr......

--
Sandy Joren
I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message ...