Fishing Newcastle harbour

Old March 16th, 2006, 05:04 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing

Default Fishing Newcastle harbour

G'day all,

Recently, I've been fishing the inside breakwall beyond Nobby's
lighthouse and having what is for me reasonable luck catching bream
and black drummer. So far, the best times have always been on dusk or
dawn on a rising tide regardless of the moon. A couple of days ago, I
tried the Stockton breakwall at 5:30 AM but all I caught were a couple
of dozen undersized bream and a lone Chinaman leatherjacket which I
gave away to some other people on the wall.

Is anyone else reading fishing there?

= Kev =

..
Old March 16th, 2006, 09:14 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:52:31 +1100, "E." wrote:

Is anyone else reading fishing there?

Try fishnet.com.au

Yeah, I've already looked and I suppose I could post the same message
for a larger audience.

= Kev =

..
Old March 16th, 2006, 09:34 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing

Kevin Donoghoe wrote:

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:52:31 +1100, "E." wrote:

Is anyone else reading fishing there?

Try fishnet.com.au

Yeah, I've already looked and I suppose I could post the same message
for a larger audience.

= Kev =

Don't mention Usenet there. No-one will know what you mean ;-)
There's probably someone there that either fishes the area or can put
you in touch with a club that does. Just spend 8 or 9 weeks wading thru
posts about port philip bay snapper and you'll find it. grin
E.
Old March 16th, 2006, 09:44 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing

G"DAY kEV
ARE YOU AWARE THAT ALL UNDERSIZED FISH SHOULD BE RETURNED TO WATER?
BY GIVING THEM TO SOMEONE U HAVE BROKEN THE LAW.

GET A COPY OF THE FISHING REGS AVAILABLE AT ANY TACKLE OUTLET AND
FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH ITS CONTENTS, IM SURE YOU WILL BE AMAZED..

OH EXCUSE THE CAPS IM NOT SHOUTING AT YOU..

TIGHT LINES

.

Old March 17th, 2006, 04:28 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing

"ASIS" wrote in message
[...]

I think first of all you are being very rude to shout like that, secondly
Kevin did not say what he did with the undersize bream, he did say he caught
a chinaman leatherjacket (no size specified) and gave it away. So I suggest
before you get your exercise (running off at the mouth and jumping to
conclusions)you might ask a polite clarifying question

.

Old March 17th, 2006, 09:01 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:34:42 +1100, "E." wrote:

Don't mention Usenet there. No-one will know what you mean ;-)
There's probably someone there that either fishes the area or can put
you in touch with a club that does. Just spend 8 or 9 weeks wading thru
posts about port philip bay snapper and you'll find it. grin
E.

It's times like this I really miss Fidonet.

= Kev =

..
Old March 17th, 2006, 09:04 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:44:30 +1100, "ASIS"
wrote:

G"DAY kEV
ARE YOU AWARE THAT ALL UNDERSIZED FISH SHOULD BE RETURNED TO WATER?
BY GIVING THEM TO SOMEONE U HAVE BROKEN THE LAW.

I am well aware of fish sizes. Please read my message again. I gave
away the leather jacket not the bream and STOP SHOUTING.

= Kev =

..
Old March 17th, 2006, 09:15 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 03:28:24 GMT, "Mil80C"

I think first of all you are being very rude to shout like that, secondly
Kevin did not say what he did with the undersize bream, he did say he caught
a chinaman leatherjacket (no size specified) and gave it away. So I suggest
before you get your exercise (running off at the mouth and jumping to
conclusions)you might ask a polite clarifying question

Yeah, I've told him not to shout. The bream were returned and the
jacket was just over 23cm.

= Kev =

..
Old March 26th, 2006, 09:50 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing

http://www.newcastlefishing.com/

Some people do fish. A better spot for bream is the training wall at the
bottom of Kooragang.
Ray

Old March 26th, 2006, 10:08 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 08:50:55 GMT, "Ray Tate"
wrote:

http://www.newcastlefishing.com/

Some people do fish. A better spot for bream is the training wall at the
bottom of Kooragang.
Ray

Yes, I've fished there several times and now know where all the snags
are. I also managed the odd flathead further along to the
right. I don't fish Kooragang often as it takes me 45 - 50 minutes to
peddle my bike over there.

I fished the retaining wall near the large concrete block north of
Stockton bridge yesterday morning. I got there at 5 AM and wouldn't
you know, it starts to rain and blow for over an hour. I had to get
stuck into the thermos of hot tea to warm up.

Caught a couple of legal bream and a flathead over the next 5 hours
but decided to release them. One of these days, I'll have to cross
over the chunk of the wall that has been removed to allow water to
flow into the marsh. I saw a bloke do it just before I left and he
didn't appear to have cut his feet on the oyster shell covered rocks.

I keep hoping I'll win the lottery so I can buy a car, boat and
trailer.

= Kev =

..