Bass Pro Excel Braid

Old April 25th, 2007, 08:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
cr113

Default Bass Pro Excel Braid

Anyone tried it? I prefer Fireline over Power Pro and other braids
because it casts much farther. Fireline is made from Dyneema and as
far as I knew all the braids were made from Spectra. I noticed that
the Bass Pro Excel braid is made from Dyneema which seems to make it a
unique product.

Old April 25th, 2007, 08:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"cr113" wrote in message
oups.com...

Anyone tried it? I prefer Fireline over Power Pro and other braids
because it casts much farther. Fireline is made from Dyneema and as
far as I knew all the braids were made from Spectra. I noticed that
the Bass Pro Excel braid is made from Dyneema which seems to make it a
unique product.

Nope, but I do like the Stren Supe Braid because it is smooth and casts
really well.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old April 30th, 2007, 02:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dave Vito

I agree Bob,

The Stren Super Braid is hands above the rest IMO.
I used to use fireline religiously but when Stren released the braid there
was no looking back.
Power PRO......well...ugh.

Dave V
www.gotobaits.com
"What's your GOTO bait?"

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
.. .

oups.com...

Old April 30th, 2007, 04:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Dave Vito" wrote in message
I agree Bob,

The Stren Super Braid is hands above the rest IMO.
I used to use fireline religiously but when Stren released the braid there
was no looking back.
Power PRO......well...ugh.

Come on out to the Northwoods Classic and then say that......PowerPro did
the job last September.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 30th, 2007, 02:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

"Dave Vito" wrote in message
I agree Bob,

The Stren Super Braid is hands above the rest IMO.
I used to use fireline religiously but when Stren released the braid
there was no looking back.
Power PRO......well...ugh.

Come on out to the Northwoods Classic and then say that......PowerPro did
the job last September.

LOL, just because a good fisherman does well using a particular product does
not mean its the best product. The biggest thing I dislike about PP is that
the sawing noise on the guides starts to get on my nerves after half a day.
Its a good line, but you really should try some Stren Super Braid. IMO the
Stren does have one problem. It will get weaker faster than the PP. Not a
lot faster, but more often. That's not an issue for a pro who changes line
before every tournament or even an angler who spools on fresh line every
month, but for most of us who may have to use the same line all season it
can be a minor issue. If I'm casting I much prefer the Stren. I seem to be
able cast it much further in the same size line than the PP. I think it
catches the wind less on a day with a blow coming in too, but if its blowing
bad I tend to switch to mono or flouro depending on what I am fishing
anyway. Neither catches the wind as bad as braid.

Old April 30th, 2007, 11:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message SNIP

[...]

As a guide, I'm cheap about some things. I like a line that can withstand
an entire season's worth of abuse, so the longer life is important to me.
Plus, I love the sound of the line through the guides, that means I have a
fish on! :-)

I haven't noticed any problems with the line on windy days, but maybe I just
wasn't paying attention.

Old May 1st, 2007, 01:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

I haven't noticed any problems with the line on windy days, but maybe I
just wasn't paying attention.

I do fish a lot of weightless and light weight stuff.

Old May 1st, 2007, 01:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Henry Hefner Henry Hefner is offline
Junior Member

On Apr 29, 7:31 pm, "Dave Vito" wrote:
I agree Bob,

The Stren Super Braid is hands above the rest IMO.
I used to use fireline religiously but when Stren released the braid there
was no looking back.
Power PRO......well...ugh.

Dave Vwww.gotobaits.com
"What's your GOTO bait?"

I use PowerPro almost exclusively, but I am open-minded about things,
so when I read that many people thought Stren was superior, I bought a
spool to try. I think it was about 30 lb. test, as I usually fish in
lots of salad. I lost several lures due to breakage.... on the cast! I
was casting into a fair wind, so I was whipping the rod pretty good to
get some power behind it, and the line would just snap! I respooled
next chance I got, and haven't tried again.

Old May 1st, 2007, 02:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

I haven't noticed any problems with the line on windy days, but maybe I
just wasn't paying attention.

I do fish a lot of weightless and light weight stuff.

Yeah, me too, 3, 4 and 5" senko style baits, flukes and baby brush hogs.