Bass Pro Excel Braid

Old May 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Bass Pro Excel Braid

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
.. .

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

I haven't noticed any problems with the line on windy days, but maybe I
just wasn't paying attention.

Well, I suppose it could be subjective, but I have noticed that the flat
profile of the PP can sail.

I do fish a lot of weightless and light weight stuff.

Yeah, me too, 3, 4 and 5" senko style baits, flukes and baby brush hogs.

Baby brush hogs are real wind sails, but when they are working they really
are worth the effort. If possible in the wind I try and get fish going on
jerk baits, but sometimes they just want what they want.

I usually don't notice anything from wind when its less thean 15 MPH, but
some of my best days on the water the wind has been blowing so strong I
couldn't hold the boat against it with a 100+ TM on high. One day Hammer
and I fished a bay with tiny blades and we were doing well. We killed a set
of batteries after several hours pulling directly into it, went to the
marina, bought another set of batteries, and went back to pull out our
biggest fish from the same area and take one of the biggest checks we took
fishing together. I did most of the catching, and yes Joe it was an SWL
blade. LOL. That was where I really noticed how an SWL tended to foul more
and not self correct as well as standard blades in the wind. That is also
the day I perfected my two handed snap cast into the wind.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River